Subject: Implement new options to the Subscription of pgAdmin 4

From: Anil Sahoo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2023 11:55:11 +0530

Hi Hackers,

I am currently working on the features #4805 and #6454. There are some new
options being added to the WITH clause of subscription that are listed
below.
For PostgreSQL 14 and above:

   1. binary(boolean): Specifies whether the subscription will request the
   publisher to send the data in binary format.
   2. streaming(boolean): Specifies whether streaming of in-progress
   transactions should be enabled for this subscription.

For PostgreSQL 15 and above:

   1. two_phase(boolean): Specifies whether two-phase commit is enabled for
   this subscription.
   2. disable_on_error(boolean): Specifies whether the subscription should
   be automatically disabled if any errors are detected by subscription
   workers during data replication from the publisher.

For PostgreSQL 16 and above:

   1. password_required(boolean): Specifies whether connections to the
   publisher made as a result of this subscription must use password
   authentication.
   2. run_as_owner(boolean): If true, all replication actions are performed
   as the subscription owner. If false, replication workers will perform
   actions on each table as the owner of that table.
   3. origin(string): Specifies whether the subscription will request the
   publisher to only send changes that don't have an origin or send changes
   regardless of origin.

Attaching the respective screenshots of the updated UI for reference.
Please review it.

Thanks
Anil Sahoo

--

<http://www.enterprisedb.com>

*Anil Sahoo*

Software Engineer

www.enterprisedb.com

Power to Postgres

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/edbpostgres>
<https://twitter.com/edbpostgres?lang=en>
<https://www.facebook.com/EDBpostgres>
<https://www.instagram.com/EDBpostgres/>

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 12:21:43 +0530

Hi Anil

I would suggest getting the 'Origin' field after streaming and making two
switch controls in one row as we did in the Backup dialog. If you are
adding a help message to the switch controls then leave it as it is.

Apart from that it looks good to me.

On Tue, Aug 1, 2023 at 11:56 AM Anil Sahoo <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>    1. binary(boolean): Specifies whether the subscription will request
>    the publisher to send the data in binary format.
>    1. two_phase(boolean): Specifies whether two-phase commit is enabled
>    for this subscription.
>    2. disable_on_error(boolean): Specifies whether the subscription
>    should be automatically disabled if any errors are detected by subscription
>    2. run_as_owner(boolean): If true, all replication actions are
>    performed as the subscription owner. If false, replication workers will
>    perform actions on each table as the owner of that table.

---

From: Anil Sahoo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 12:23:33 +0530

Hi Akshay,
I will be adding a help message to each control, So it will take the whole
row and will be easier to understand the control as well.

*Anil Sahoo*

Software Engineer

www.enterprisedb.com

Power to Postgres

On Wed, Aug 2, 2023 at 12:21 PM Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>> I am currently working on the features #4805 and #6454. There are some
>> new options being added to the WITH clause of subscription that are listed
>> below.
>>    3. origin(string): Specifies whether the subscription will request
>>    the publisher to only send changes that don't have an origin or send
>>    changes regardless of origin.
>>