Subject: Adding storage parameters on index

From: Pravesh Sharma <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 14:28:02 +0530

Hi All,

I am working on feature #6374
<https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/issues/6374> which is
adding storage parameters while creating an index. I have made changes in
the definition tab of create index to have all the required parameters.
Attached is the new design, please review it.

I also have a few points which require suggestions.

   1. Storage parameters are different for different access methods. If an
   access method does not support a parameter we can either disable it or hide
   it (I am thinking of hiding it based on the access method).
   2. There is a storage parameter named *buffering *which is by
   default auto and takes on/off value. What type of control should I use for
   it? Should it be a switch or a drop down with three options on, off and
   auto, if we have a switch user won't be able to move to auto.
   3. There is a parameter *vacuum_cleanup_index_scale_factor *that was
   added on PostgreSQL 11 but was removed on PostgreSQL 13, should we add this
   too?

Thanks
Pravesh Sharma

-- 

<http://www.enterprisedb.com>

Pravesh Sharma

Software Engineer

+91 9406461406

www.enterprisedb.com

Power to Postgres

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/edbpostgres>
<https://twitter.com/edbpostgres?lang=en>
<https://www.facebook.com/EDBpostgres>
<https://www.instagram.com/EDBpostgres/>

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 11:19:36 +0530

Hi Pravesh

On Fri, Jun 23, 2023 at 2:28 PM Pravesh Sharma <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>    1. Storage parameters are different for different access methods. If
>    an access method does not support a parameter we can either disable it or
>    hide it (I am thinking of hiding it based on the access method).
>
>                Disable the controls.

>
>    1. There is a storage parameter named *buffering *which is by
>                 It should be a drop-down with all three options.

>
>    1. There is a parameter *vacuum_cleanup_index_scale_factor *that was
>                 No need to add the above parameter.

---

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 11:23:23 +0530

Hi,

I would also suggest moving Columns and Include Columns to a separate tab -
Columns.

-- 
Thanks,
Aditya Toshniwal
pgAdmin Hacker | Sr. Software Architect | *enterprisedb.com*
<https://www.enterprisedb.com/>
"Don't Complain about Heat, Plant a TREE"