Subject: [pgAdmin][RM4633] Bad view in partitioned tables

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 16:58:36 +0530

Hi Hackers

Attached is the patch to support the view part of the multilevel
partitions. Users can perform all the operations except creating the
partitions as a partitioned table. Users can create a partition table
separately and attach it as a partition of another partition table.

There are two problems mentioned in the RM. I have fixed the first one and
we won't fix the second problem as by design we decided to show Partitions
like Schema->Table->Partitions

Please review it.
-- 
*Thanks & Regards*
*Akshay Joshi*

*Sr. Software Architect*
*EnterpriseDB Software India Private Limited*
*Mobile: +91 976-788-8246*

---

From: Khushboo Vashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 12:01:24 +0530

Hi Akshay,

> separately and attach it as a partition of another partition table.
Multilevel partitions are now manageable through the tree view except
creating a partition table of existing partition (which you already
mentioned).
One more problem that we already discussed that automatic tree refresh of
the multilevel partitions is not working due to our structure which is
going to be handled by the new RM.

Some of the minor review comments.
- _get_children_nodes name can be changed as it more like private method
but we are using it outside of the class itself.
- Stats of partition table is not displayed, but I think that is not
related to this patch, so can be fixed later.

Thanks,
Khushboo

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 15:01:34 +0530

> going to be handled by the new RM.

    New RM https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/5064 has been created.

> but we are using it outside of the class itself.

    Fixed.

> related to this patch, so can be fixed later.

   I have verified/confirmed that in the case of the Partitioned table,
Statistics is visible only for the child node. In the case of the
multilevel partitioned table, Statistics will only be available of the last
child node which we are showing, so it's not a bug.

>
> Thanks,
> Khushboo
>
>>
>> There are two problems mentioned in the RM. I have fixed the first one
>> and we won't fix the second problem as by design we decided to show
>> Partitions like Schema->Table->Partitions
>>
>> Please review it.
>> --
>> *Thanks & Regards*
>> *Akshay Joshi*
>>
>> *Sr. Software Architect*

-- 
*Thanks & Regards*
*Akshay Joshi*

*Sr. Software Architect*