Subject: pgAdmin 4 commit: Fix a number of broken connection detection scenarios

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 08:38:23 +0000

Fix a number of broken connection detection scenarios.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=pgadmin4.git;a=commitdiff;h=637f3b9d1a54df8b9a1bfad9e26f27fdea407683
Author: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>

Modified Files
--------------
web/pgadmin/dashboard/static/js/dashboard.js       | 58 ++++++++++++--------
web/pgadmin/static/js/sqleditor/execute_query.js   | 62 +++++++++++----------
.../js/sqleditor/is_new_transaction_required.js    |  9 ++++
web/pgadmin/tools/sqleditor/__init__.py            |  4 +-
web/pgadmin/tools/sqleditor/static/js/sqleditor.js | 20 ++++---
.../tools/sqleditor/tests/test_start_query_tool.py |  2 +-
.../tools/sqleditor/utils/start_running_query.py   | 63 ++++++++++------------
.../utils/tests/test_start_running_query.py        | 15 +++++-
.../user_management/static/js/user_management.js   | 13 ++++-
.../utils/driver/psycopg2/server_manager.py        |  1 +
.../javascript/sqleditor/execute_query_spec.js     | 48 ++++++++++++-----
.../sqleditor/is_new_transaction_required_spec.js  | 14 ++---
12 files changed, 195 insertions(+), 114 deletions(-)

---

From: Neel Patel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 10:52:10 +0530

Hi Akshay,

Due to above commit, when user "Drop" any database it gives exception in
browser console.
Check attached screenshot.

Thanks,
Neel Patel

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 11:27:00 +0530

Hi Neel

This issue is not due to the above fix, if you can see the error it is
showing in dashboard.js line no 454 "err = JSON.parse(xhr.responseText);"
that code is from long time.
I have just added an extra check of the readyState in case of server is
down in the above commit.
Though it is a bug can you please create a new RM for this.

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 10:52 AM, Neel Patel <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=pgadmin4.git;a=commitdif
>> f;h=637f3b9d1a54df8b9a1bfad9e26f27fdea407683

-- 
*Akshay Joshi*

*Sr. Software Architect *

*Phone: +91 20-3058-9517Mobile: +91 976-788-8246*

---

From: Neel Patel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 14:42:55 +0530

Thanks,
RM#3249 created for the same.

Regards,
Neel Patel

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 11:27 AM, Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]