Subject: Search objects - list of types sort order

From: Bartosz Dmytrak <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2025 20:54:30 +0000

Hi Team,
thanks for your continuous great job !
I'd like to ask if it's possible to sort the list of types in search window alphabetically. I think it will make our life easier, especially when heavy use of this great feature with databases with a large number of objects. Right now, it is not sortied alphabetically so every time I need to scroll and carefully search for the type I need - in most cases it is a table, but not always. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Bartek

---

From: Pravesh Sharma <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2025 09:17:51 +0530

Hi Bartosz,

We can sort the list alphabetically. However, the dropdown has an input
field where you can type the object name, and it will filter out the
matching results.

Thanks,
Pravesh

On Tue, Jul 29, 2025 at 2:24 AM Bartosz Dmytrak <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'd like to ask if it's possible to sort the list of types in search
> window alphabetically. I think it will make our life easier, especially
> when heavy use of this great feature with databases with a large number of
> objects. Right now, it is not sortied alphabetically so every time I need
> to scroll and carefully search for the type I need - in most cases it is a
> table, but not always. Thank you in advance.
>
>
> Best regards,
> Bartek
>

---

From: Pravesh Sharma <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2025 10:25:24 +0530

Hi Bartosz,

You can create an issue here
<https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/issues/new/choose> for this.

Thanks,

Pravesh