Subject: Bug

From: Дмитрий Попов <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:55:14 +0300

pgAdmin III, v1.0.0, pgSql 7.3.1 Windows Russian

Hello!

PostrgeSQL on windows make SuperUser's name symbols as current system
user. When user in windows include russian, PgSQL make user with
russian symbols too.
But pgAmin replace it to "_".

For Example: My user was "Dmitriy" (Дмитрий). There is PgSQL error:
'Uncknown user "_______"'.

I know, that russian usernames it's bad, but differnt other pgSQL
manager's (like EMS PostrgeSQL manager) work with russian names
correct.

P.S. Sorry for my English - i'm from Russia and speak English very
bad.

---

From: Andreas Pflug <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 00:55:47 +0100

>manager's (like EMS PostrgeSQL manager) work with russian names
Hi Dmitriy,

actually I didn't understand exactly what the problem is, so I'm 
guessing that you got a conversion problem. Do you have SQL_ASCII as 
database encoding? If yes, this is a problem, because Russian characters 
are not ascii.
There are two options:

1) (the better option)
use UNICODE or the Russian encoding in the database.

2) Use a newer pgAdmin3 version, we have a new workaround for SQL_ASCII 
databases with wrong characters.

Regards,
Andreas

>---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
>TIP 6: Have you searched our list archives?
>
>               http://archives.postgresql.org
>
>  
>

---

From: "Hiroshi Saito" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:57:04 +0900

Dear Дмитрий Попов .

I believe the reappearance of this problem.
IMHO,You must not use multi-byte for the user ID.

It seems you that it that a user was made under the condition of the multi-byte
connection is right by the intervention of conversion.
However,
The user character line won't correspond so far as conversion is never minded
at the time of the connection connection.

regards,
Hiroshi Saito