Subject: Unable to create database

From: Suyash Somani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2026 20:41:45 +0530

Hi Team,

I have installed the pg Admin to learn and use SQL, also downloaded
PostgreSQL, but I am unable to use it,

   - Tried creating database but it's not evening coming in as option

I have paid for an online subscription course trusting this would be work
but it's not working. I would sincerely request, please help me on this
ASAP.

Happy to connect virtually to discuss this further.

Kind regards,
Suyash

---

From: Anil Sahoo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2026 14:06:30 +0530

Hi Suyash,

If you have already installed PostgreSQL on your system, pgAdmin 4 should
automatically detect the server. You can view it by expanding the "Servers"
node in the Object Explorer.

If the server does not appear, you can manually add it by right-clicking
the "Servers" node and selecting Register > Server. You will need to enter
the server details, such as the port, provided during the PostgreSQL
installation.

Once the server is visible, expand the server node and the "Databases"
collection to view the list of available databases.

Thanks,
Anil Sahoo
-- 

*Anil Sahoo*

Software Development Engineer II

LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/anilksahoo9/> || Blog
<https://www.enterprisedb.com/anil-sahoo> || *GitHub
<https://github.com/anilsahoo20>*

enterprisedb.com