Subject: BEGIN/END in SQL generated by pgAdmin ERD command

From: Marc Linster <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2025 16:30:22 +0200

When I ask pgAdmin 9.4 to generate SQL from the ERD window, it wraps
'BEGIN;' and 'END;' around the set of statements, instead of
'BEGIN;/COMMIT;'.

This is for pgAdmin 9.4 on Sequoia 15.5

Am I missing something?

Thanks, Marc
---------------------------------------
Marc Linster; [email-masked];
https://www.linkedin.com/in/marclinster;
https://marclinster.medium.com
+352 621 430 156

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2025 15:45:51 +0100

Hi

> This is for pgAdmin 9.4 on Sequoia 15.5

END is the same as COMMIT, albeit PostgreSQL specific and not part of the
SQL standard.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/17/sql-end.html

It would probably be nice to change it to COMMIT if someone felt inclined,
but it's not a bug.

-- 
Dave Page
pgAdmin: https://www.pgadmin.org
PostgreSQL: https://www.postgresql.org
pgEdge: https://www.pgedge.com

---

From: Marc Linster <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2025 11:18:04 +0200

Thanks Dave - I had an error message, but it turned out that was related to
my code.

M.