Subject: pgpool: Fix memory leak in a SSL module.

From: Tatsuo Ishii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2026 07:14:08 +0000

Fix memory leak in a SSL module.

load_dh_file() leaked memory when supplied DH parameters are not
valid.  It should have freed the memory returned by
PEM_read_DHparams() using DH_free().  The module was first imported
from PostgreSQL (commit 573bd08b99e277026e87bb55ae69c489fab321b8
2018/1/19) on 2019/6/18 by commit
51bc494aaa7fd191e14038204d18effe2efb0ec8.  PostgreSQL found the memory
leak later on and fixed it by commit
e835e89a0fd267871e7fbddc39ad00ee3d0cb55c on 2021/3/20.  So we need to
fix it as well.

While I'm at it, the copyright notice in the same file is fixed. Since
the code was copied from PostgreSQL, we should retain the original
PostgreSQL copyright notice.

Author: Tatsuo Ishii <[email-masked]>
Discussion: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20260403.091842.102589579921239540.ishii%40postgresql.org
Backpatch-through: v4.3

Branch
------
V4_7_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=pgpool2.git;a=commitdiff;h=ae5aea968c5cc6ca9e51d4f514c60571c6038cd6

Modified Files
--------------
src/utils/pool_ssl.c | 7 ++++++-
1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)