Subject: query to show locked / disabled users?

From: Sbob <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 13:19:38 -0600

I have a client that says there were break in attempts and many db users 
are now disabled / locked because of too many wrong pw attempts. Is 
there  a select that will show these users?

Thanks in advance

---

From: "David G. Johnston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 12:24:17 -0700

On Thursday, April 14, 2022, Sbob <[email-masked]> wrote:

> are now disabled / locked because of too many wrong pw attempts. Is there
> a select that will show these users?
>
>
 You can look at pg_roles.

David J.

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:34:42 -0400

>  You can look at pg_roles.

That probably won't help much, because Postgres has no built-in
mechanism for disabling users on the basis of "too many wrong pw
attempts".  Whatever has decided that must be external to Postgres
(perhaps getting accessed via LDAP or PAM?) and you're going to have
to look at its state.  In short, there's not enough info here for
us to offer any useful advice.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Sbob <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 13:36:57 -0600

Got it, thanks