Subject: Publish packages to PGDG

From: Shuai Tian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2025 08:48:05 +0000

Hi there,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to you as one of the maintainers of DocumentDB, an open-source document database built on PostgreSQL. We are looking to add our DEB/RPM packages to the PostgreSQL Global Development Group (PDGD) repository, and we would appreciate your guidance on how we can proceed with this.

For more context, you can find our official site here: https://documentdb.io/, and our repository on GitHub here: https://github.com/documentdb/documentdb.

Thank you in advance for your assistance, and I look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Shuai Tian

---

From: Michael Banck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2025 10:37:43 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 27, 2025 at 08:48:05AM +0000, Shuai Tian wrote:
> I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to you as one of
> the maintainers of DocumentDB, an open-source document database built
> on PostgreSQL. We are looking to add our DEB/RPM packages to the
> PostgreSQL Global Development Group (PDGD) repository, and we would
> appreciate your guidance on how we can proceed with this.

I think one thing that would help (at least for Debian/Ubuntu) would be
to not tag your releases with a -0 at the end (like v0.107-0), as that
confuses the Debian versioning, where everything after the hyphen is the
Debian revision and not part of the upstream release. What is the
rationale for this, as the version seems to self-identify as 0.107?

Michael

---

From: Michael Banck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2025 10:56:28 +0100

> rationale for this, as the version seems to self-identify as 0.107?

Nevermind, I saw that Christoph has upoaded documentdb packages in the
meantime, so they are on apt.postgresql.org now:

https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/pool/main/d/documentdb/

Michael

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2025 17:29:41 +0100

Re: Michael Banck
> https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/pool/main/d/documentdb/

Not quite, that's still work in progress.

Does documentdb support PG18 now? I'm still getting errors around
pg_attribute_noreturn:

src/query/bsonquery_compare.c: In function ‘pg_attribute_noreturn’:
src/query/bsonquery_compare.c:151:1: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘ThrowUnexpectedFieldError’
  151 | ThrowUnexpectedFieldError(bool leftNext, bool rightNext)
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(That's using the system libbson2-2, see
https://salsa.debian.org/postgresql/documentdb/-/blob/master/debian/patches/cflags?ref_type=heads)

Christoph