Subject: Loadable libraries ( pg_trgm) issue during pg_upgrade from 15.3 to 17.1

From: "M.Yousaf Maqsood" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2024 22:13:56 +0500

Hi Team,

I hope you are doing well. Have any of you faced issue during upgrade from
15.3 to 17.1 on Redhat 7.

When I was running pg_upgrade with --check Option, it says can load load
library pg_trgm.so because pg_popcount is undefined symbol which is being
used in pg_trgm in 15.3 but 17.1 is unable to identify it.

Can anyone guide me ?

Kind regards,

Muhammad Yousaf Maqsood

Cell# +923134039397

LinkedIn profile: muhammadyousafmaqsood

---

From: Laurenz Albe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2024 13:55:18 +0100

On Wed, 2024-12-18 at 22:13 +0500, M.Yousaf Maqsood wrote:
> When I was running pg_upgrade with --check Option, it says can load load library
> pg_trgm.so because pg_popcount is undefined symbol which is being used in pg_trgm
> in 15.3 but 17.1 is unable to identify it.
> 
> Can anyone guide me ?

With PostgreSQL v17 you have to use the v17 version of pg_trgm.so;
you cannot just copy it from the v15 installation.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe