Subject: Postgres HA Deployment Questions

From: Joseph Craig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2025 09:20:16 -0600

Hello,

I've got to deploy some HA deployments of Postgres and wanted to know what
the actual in production architecture was for HA deployments. I've done
some googling and found a few different options, but wanted to see what
folks that actually use and support Postgres are doing these days.

In my lab I'm working on a Postgres and Pgpool2 setup but having issues
making pgpool2 HA, so that leads me back to this group. Is that the
commonly used HA solution or is there another one that is used more?

Thanks,
Joe Craig

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2025 10:38:50 -0500

Patroni is widely used
Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 12, 2025, at 10:20 AM, Joseph Craig <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> Hello,
> 
> I've got to deploy some HA deployments of Postgres and wanted to know what the actual in production architecture was for HA deployments. I've done some googling and found a few different options, but wanted to see what folks that actually use and support Postgres are doing these days. 
> 
> In my lab I'm working on a Postgres and Pgpool2 setup but having issues making pgpool2 HA, so that leads me back to this group. Is that the commonly used HA solution or is there another one that is used more?
> 
> Thanks,
> Joe Craig
>

---

From: Peter Gram <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2025 16:43:21 +0100

Hi

Have look at
https://github.com/claranet/ansible-role-patroni

Med venlig hilsen

Peter Gram
Sæbyholmsvej 18
2500 Valby

Mobile: (+45) 5374 7107
Email: [email-masked]

On Wed, Nov 12, 2025 at 16.39 [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> > I've got to deploy some HA deployments of Postgres and wanted to know
> what the actual in production architecture was for HA deployments. I've
> done some googling and found a few different options, but wanted to see
> what folks that actually use and support Postgres are doing these days.
> >