Subject: Pg partman

From: Sathish Reddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2024 23:43:09 +0530

Hi
  We are planning to create function like run_maintance_proc which can do
detach partition concurrently and create new partion s using pre-make in
run maintenance..

    Please share any use case on these..

Thanks
Sathish Reddy

---

From: Keith Fiske <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2024 14:41:19 -0400

>     Please share any use case on these..

You cannot create a function or procedure within the database that can do
any commands with the CONCURRENT flag. PostgreSQL simply does not allow
that otherwise I would have done it already. As I stated elsewhere, this
would require an external script

https://github.com/pgpartman/pg_partman/issues/677

-- 
Keith Fiske
Senior Database Engineer
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

---

From: Sathish Reddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2024 01:06:24 +0530

Please share the script which used..

Thanks
Sathish Reddy

---

From: Keith Fiske <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2024 15:47:31 -0400

On Mon, Aug 26, 2024 at 3:36 PM Sathish Reddy <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>>>   We are planning to create function like run_maintance_proc which can
>>> do detach partition concurrently and create new partion s using pre-make in
>>> run maintenance..
>>>

There are no scripts written for this yet.