Subject: Database disconnection due to timeout

From: Erik Serrano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2024 13:34:33 -0300

Hi guys, nice to meet you .. I have to solve a user problem against the
postgresql database that is located in the Azure cloud as (IaaS) that is
happening to you the following:

A user drops the connection from his console to the replica slave database
due to timeout, it is possible that there is a parameter within the
configuration file (postgresql.conf) connection (pg_hba.conf) or replica
manager (repmgr.conf) that allows me to solve this problem.

Background:
- The database is in an Azure IaaS.
- The database allows the connection, but the user drops due to timeout
- I can connect to the same server and database with their credentials
- Firewall allows the connection.
- the configuration in pg_hba.conf owns the user
- user connects through DBeaver
- The database postgreSQL is version 15
- user is the owner of the database

Any contribution is appreciated.

Thank you very much for your contributions and help.
Greetings

*Erik R. Serrano Saavedra*
*Ingeniero de Sistemas Informáticos*

---

From: Ozgur Kulu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2024 20:48:11 +0300

Hi Erik,

First of all, check statement_timeout parameter on db side.
secondly, ask the developmet team or middleware team timeout settings.

Regards,

Erik Serrano <[email-masked]>, 2 Ara 2024 Pzt, 19:34 tarihinde şunu

---

From: Erik Serrano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2024 15:15:17 -0300

Thank you for your help!

El lun, 2 dic 2024 a las 14:48, Ozgur Kulu (<[email-masked]>) escribió:

>> A user drops the connection from his console to the replica slave
>> database due to timeout, it is possible that there is a parameter within
>> the configuration file (postgresql.conf) connection (pg_hba.conf) or
>> replica manager (repmgr.conf) that allows me to solve this problem.
>>
>>
>> Background:

---

From: Ron Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2024 15:10:33 -0500

> Any contribution is appreciated.

Disconnect during any random query?
Disconnect only during a very long-running query?
Disconnect when DBeaver is "just sitting there", while the user is doing
something else?

-- 
Death to <Redacted>, and butter sauce.
Don't boil me, I'm still alive.
<Redacted> lobster!

---

From: Erik Serrano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2024 17:43:20 -0300

Friends,

In the end I managed to detect that the failure was caused by a delay in
the connection that was established with respect to the timeout parameter
that was defined in postgresql.conf. It is adjusted and the user can
establish the connection. Additionally, the DBeaver that the user owns
presents problems in its JDBC with respect to version PG 15.

Thank you very much for the support and accurate solution.