Subject: Dead tuple ratio for table & index

From: kamal deen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2024 03:29:03 +0530

Hi All,

Kindly share the query details  to identify the dead tuples ratio at table
& index level.

We have noticed some of our partioned tables generating more WAL files
during vacuumb.(around 50 to 60GB

(We are in the plan to remove this manual job later since auto vacuum is
enabled)

Thanks in advance ☺️

Regards,
SK

---

From: lakshmi sravya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2024 15:52:17 +0530

Hello SK,

you can use the pgstattuple extension, which provides exact table and
index bloat statistics.
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/pgstattuple.html
https://www.percona.com/blog/postgresql-tuple-level-statistics-with-pgstattuple/

Regards,
Sravya.

On Sat, Dec 14, 2024 at 3:29 AM kamal deen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Kindly share the query details  to identify the dead tuples ratio at table & index level.
>
> We have noticed some of our partioned tables generating more WAL files during vacuumb.(around 50 to 60GB
>
> (We are in the plan to remove this manual job later since auto vacuum is enabled)
>
> Thanks in advance ☺️
>
> Regards,
> SK

---

From: kamal deen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2024 16:21:53 +0530

Thank you Sravya.

SK