Subject: pgAdmin 4 ?

From: Apple Pine <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2025 19:59:37 +0200

hello,

why do you name the software pgAdmin 4 v9.7.

in most cases pgAdmin 3 is too old therefore pgAdmin 4 is the most use tool
for postgres. it's confusing if you write pgAdmin 4 and then the version
number.

it should be able to understand what pgAdmin 9.7 means. it means pgAdmin 4
in the version 9.7. I suggest you to change the name of pgAdmin 4 at least
in version 10.

so instead of pgAdmin 4 v10 simply write pgAdmin 10.

Sincerely

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2025 14:08:25 -0400

On Thu, Aug 28, 2025 at 07:59:37PM +0200, Apple Pine wrote:
> in most cases pgAdmin 3 is too old therefore pgAdmin 4 is the most use tool for
> postgres. it's confusing if you write pgAdmin 4 and then the version number. 
> 
> it should be able to understand what pgAdmin 9.7 means. it means pgAdmin 4 in
> the version 9.7. I suggest you to change the name of pgAdmin 4 at least in
> version 10.
> 

For pgAdmin support, see:

        https://www.pgadmin.org/support/list/
        https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/issues

or email

        [email-masked]

-- 
  Bruce Momjian  <[email-masked]>        https://momjian.us
  EDB                                      https://enterprisedb.com

  Do not let urgent matters crowd out time for investment in the future.

---

From: Usman Khan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2025 23:19:27 +0500

removing pgsql-admin and adding pgadmin-hackers.

Please forward any questions regarding pgadmin4 to pgadmin-hackers for
better guidance.

On Thu, Aug 28, 2025 at 11:00 PM Apple Pine <[email-masked]> wrote:

> in most cases pgAdmin 3 is too old therefore pgAdmin 4 is the most use
> tool for postgres. it's confusing if you write pgAdmin 4 and then the
> version number.
>