Subject: pgAdmin 4

From: "androxkentaki ." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 09:23:52 +0100

Hello everyone

Recently I start my adventure with pgAdmin4 on Windows. (I have worked
several years on pgA3 bot I need to update postgresql from 9.3 to 11).

And now I have some issues with it. I hope that more practiced users can
help me with it.

Basically it is usability problems. Maybe You have the same problems and
found solution for it.

So main topics are:

1.       Finding proper SQL file to open in query tool: when I am preparing
some maintenance solution or report in our ERP system I am preparing SQL
script and save it into a file. When I want to come back to it. So I open
query tool > open file > select file. But main problem Is that I can’t find
it by part of a name. Is there any trick of plugin to filter files by part
of name? (in pgA3 it was explorer window so we can use search function)

2.       Triggers on tables and its procedures. In pgAdmin3 I was able to
go on table > Triggers > Name_of_trigger and expand definition of procedure
to edit it. On pgA4 I can only read of its name and I must find it
separately to reedit it.

3.       Opening new Query tool from opened one. On pgA3 I can click NEW
and its done. On v4 I need go to main panel tab, expand Tools > Query tool

-- 
Z wyrazami szacunku
Andrzej Gerasimuk

---

From: "David G. Johnston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 06:05:08 -0700

> several years on pgA3 bot I need to update postgresql from 9.3 to 11).
Pgsql-admin is a list for general server administration questions.  The
third-party product pgAdmin4 has its own separate support channels.

David J.