Subject: Run maintenance proc

From: Sathish Reddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2024 23:52:19 +0530

Hi

 .. please help on below one
Automate partition maintenance on postgres without any script on primary
detach 3months partition at same time 4 months partition detach partition
from replica on postgres rds.

Thanks
Sathish Reddy

---

From: SOzcn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2024 11:25:38 +0300

Hello,

Partitioning tables belongs to main table. If you see table scans on the
partition tables it's might be because of the automatic maintenance doesn't
work. Like vacuum etc. Which version you have been using? There have some
issues on the versions of 13-14 because of your issue. 15 also have but
they fixed many issue on that.

You can try to build your indexes on partition tables. And then they can be
in list your index maintenance progress. What's your reality issue? Can u
give detail?

Have a nice weekend.

---

From: Keith Fiske <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2024 08:55:03 -0400

> from replica on postgres rds.

Take a look at the pg_partman extension. It automates new child table
creation for time-based partitioning and can set retention rules as well

https://github.com/pgpartman/pg_partman/

Keith

---

From: Sathish Reddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2024 18:38:31 +0530

Thanks, I'll check it out.