Subject: DB Switch over and Switch back support

From: jayakumar s <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2024 21:28:38 +0530

Hi Team,

I have configured master and slave DB's. Need to configure switcher and
switch back setup. I checked google but I am unable to find the correct
link. Kindly share with me. If any one has the setup document.

Also please confirm. Without using any third party s/w. We can do DB switch
over and switch activity?

Regards,
Jayakumar.S

---

From: SOzcn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2024 19:27:18 +0300

Hello,

If you did this with the replication method physically it's not possible.
You can manage it with Crontab on the OS.

As an example ;
Switchover 1  from node 1 to node 2.
- Make failover on your replica.   sudo pg_ctlcluster 14 main promote
Switchover 2 :
On node 1 clear your data path and make a new replica from node 2 to node 1
then make failover again.

You can prepare the steps and manage them with Crontab or some bash script.
Bash script might work better for this I think.

It could work mostly with less data-sizing environments. If you have a load
environment I would advice you to patroni cluster system.

Have a nice weekend.

jayakumar s <[email-masked]>, 22 Kas 2024 Cum, 18:59
tarihinde şunu yazdı:

> Also please confirm. Without using any third party s/w. We can do DB
> switch over and switch activity?
>
> Regards,
> Jayakumar.S
>