Subject: SSL SYSCALL error during logical replication

From: Rijesh TP <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2024 12:54:58 +0530

Hi Team,
We are encountering an issue with logical replication on PostgreSQL version
15.10. The error message is as follows:

*"ERROR: could not receive data from WAL stream: SSL SYSCALL error: EOF
detectedLOG: background worker "logical replication worker" (PID 3286)
exited with exit code 1."*

Logical replication had been working perfectly on version 15.8, and we
successfully completed multiple systems on that version. However, after
upgrading to PostgreSQL 15.10, this issue has arisen.
We’ve tried adjusting various parameters but haven’t had any success.
We have also tried disabling the SSL and selinux etc, but no luck, same
error every time.
Replication fails at some point without any additional errors, leading us
to suspect a potential bug in logical replication for version 15.10.

Has anyone else reported a similar issue, or is there a known fix for this?
Please let us know if additional details are required.

PG Version : postgresql 15.10
OS Details : CentOS 7

Thanks & Regards,
Rijesh

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2024 11:22:39 -0500

> exited with exit code 1."*

This seems to be a symptom of something going wrong on the sending
side.  Have you looked into that postmaster's log file to see what
happened?

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Rijesh TP <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2024 15:48:02 +0530

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the reply.
On the source DB, we're seeing these messages coming up often, but there
aren't any other errors showing up.
All DB parameters including timeout we set to high, but no luck yet.
Pls advise on this

*user=replicator DEBUG:  failed to increase restart lsn: proposed
13EB/B420DE18, after 13EB/B420DE18, current candidate 13EB/B420DD70,
current after 13EB/B420DD70, flushed up to 13EB/B420DBB0*

Thanks & Regards,
Rijesh