Subject: Ensure 'User' Runtime Parameters are Configured

From: pramod kg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2024 14:03:24 +0530

Hi All,

There is a requirement to monitor run time parameters and revert back
changes (As per CIS Benchmark report). Requirement is to monitor user
session parameter changes. How to achieve this? Any guidance is appreciated

Complete remediation given by CIS benchmark is as follows:

In the matter of a user session, the login sessions must be validated that
it is not executing
undesired parameter changes. In the matter of attributes that have been
changed in
entities, they must be manually reverted to its default value(s).

Regards,
Pramod

---

From: Muhammad Usman Khan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2024 08:20:59 +0500

Hi,
There is not a predefined method to achieve this but you can get your
desired output by implementing the following logics:

   -   Enable Detailed Logging by setting the following parameters in
   postgresql.conf file:
     logging_collector = on
     log_statement = 'all'
     log_duration = on
   -   Implement Auditing with pgaudit
   -   Restrict Privileges
   -   Automated Reversion:
     Schedule a job that compares current settings with default_parameters
   and reverts any discrepancies.