Subject: Will there be data loss between slot syncronisation

From: Nikhil Shetty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2024 22:35:49 +0530

Hi Team,

As per documentation for sync_replication_slots:

The nap time of the worker is tuned according to the activity on the
primary. The slot sync worker waits for some time before the next
synchronization, with the duration varying based on whether any slots were
updated during the last cycle.

What happens if there is a long period where the standby slot is not synced
and there is autofailover? Will there be a data loss?

Thanks,
Nikhil

---

From: Muhammad Usman Khan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2024 09:31:06 +0500

Hi,
Data loss may occur because unsynced slots may not have fully replicated
all the necessary changes from the primary.

On Thu, 24 Oct 2024 at 22:06, Nikhil Shetty <[email-masked]> wrote:

> What happens if there is a long period where the standby slot is not
> synced and there is autofailover? Will there be a data loss?
>
> Thanks,
> Nikhil
>