Subject: Request to Add Barcelona and Madrid PostgreSQL Meetup Groups to Official Postgres PUGs Page

From: Andrea Cucciniello <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 12:32:26 +0200

Hello,

David Pitts (cc'd) and I have recently created two meetup groups to 
organize Postgres events in Madrid and Barcelona.

We are reaching out to request the addition of our groups to the 
official Postgres PUGs page on the postgres.org website, as we believe 
we comply with the community requirements.

Here are the links to our groups:

https://www.meetup.com/barcelona-postgresql-meetup-group/

https://www.meetup.com/madrid-postgresql-user-group/

Although this is a joint effort, we decided to have two separate groups 
since the cities are 625 km apart and we believe the audiences are 
different. We have created a LinkedIn page to bring them under the same 
umbrella:

https://www.linkedin.com/company/barcelona-madrid-postgresql-user-groups

In Madrid, the inaugural event will be next week on May 30. In 
Barcelona, we are targeting our first event for September 18/19, as the 
period from mid-June to the end of August is not ideal for events in 
this region.

However, we are still looking for a host for the Barcelona event. We are 
in ongoing conversations with a couple of organizations (Gartner, 
Adevinta) that have shown interest, but we don't have a confirmation 
yet. Therefore, we are still asking around and would like to finalize 
this as soon as possible to promote the event in advance. Codesource can 
host us on November 20. Any suggestions on how to secure a host in 
Barcelona for the September event would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Andrea

---

From: Andrea Cucciniello <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 09:52:01 +0200

Hello!

I wanted to follow up on this and check if the Madrid and Barcelona PUGs 
can be added to the PostgreSQL community user groups page: 
https://www.postgresql.org/community/user-groups/

We held the first event inMadrid on May 30th 
<cid:[email-masked]>  and we are having the first 
event in Barcelona on September 19th 
<cid:[email-masked]>. Being listed on the page 
will be helpful to spreading the word.

Thank you,

Andrea

On 23/5/24 12:32, Andrea Cucciniello wrote:
> Although this is a joint effort, we decided to have two separate 
> groups since the cities are 625 km apart and we believe the audiences 
> are different. We have created a LinkedIn page to bring them under the 
> same umbrella:
>
> Barcelona, we are targeting our first event for September 18/19, as 
> the period from mid-June to the end of August is not ideal for events 
> in this region.
>
> However, we are still looking for a host for the Barcelona event. We 
> are in ongoing conversations with a couple of organizations (Gartner, 
> this as soon as possible to promote the event in advance. Codesource 
> can host us on November 20. Any suggestions on how to secure a host in

---

From: Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 10:03:31 +0200

> On 19 Jun 2024, at 09:52, Andrea Cucciniello <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I wanted to follow up on this and check if the Madrid and Barcelona PUGs can be added to the PostgreSQL community user groups page: https://www.postgresql.org/community/user-groups/

I missed your previous email, so sorry for reacting after the meetup happened.
Did you send this request to [email-masked] as noted on the user
groups page?

For questions regarding adding items to the website, pgsql-www is generally a
better fit to ensure doesn't miss the message.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

---

From: Andrea Cucciniello <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 10:18:53 +0200

No worries!

I didn't send it to that address, my bad. I will forward the message now.

Thanks!
Andrea

On 19/6/24 10:03, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 19 Jun 2024, at 09:52, Andrea Cucciniello<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>> I wanted to follow up on this and check if the Madrid and Barcelona PUGs can be added to the PostgreSQL community user groups page:https://www.postgresql.org/community/user-groups/
> Did you send this request [email-masked]  as noted on the user
> groups page?
>