Subject: Count me in

From: KEREM KIZILTUNC <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 10:37:42 +0000

Hi All,

Just saw Valeria's talk and thought I would like to be a part of this exciting new Postgres initiative. Let me know what I can do!

Kerem Kızıltunç

[http://www.turkcell.com.tr/downloads/bireysel/img/Tcelldis.gif] <http://turkcell.li/iyaani>

Bu elektronik posta ve onunla iletilen butun dosyalar sadece gondericisi tarafindan almasi amaclanan yetkili gercek ya da tuzel kisinin kullanimi icindir. Eger soz konusu yetkili alici degilseniz bu elektronik postanin icerigini aciklamaniz, kopyalamaniz, yonlendirmeniz ve kullanmaniz kesinlikle yasaktir ve bu elektronik postayi derhal silmeniz gerekmektedir.

TURKCELL bu mesajin icerdigi bilgilerin doğruluğu veya eksiksiz oldugu konusunda herhangi bir garanti vermemektedir. Bu nedenle bu bilgilerin ne sekilde olursa olsun iceriginden, iletilmesinden, alinmasindan ve saklanmasindan sorumlu degildir. Bu mesajdaki gorusler yalnizca gonderen kisiye aittir ve TURKCELLin goruslerini yansitmayabilir

Bu e-posta bilinen butun bilgisayar viruslerine karsi taranmistir.

________________________________

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, forwarding, copying or use of any of the information is strictly prohibited, and the e-mail should immediately be deleted.

TURKCELL makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in this message and hereby excludes any liability of any kind for the information contained therein or for the information transmission, reception, storage or use of such in any way whatsoever. The opinions expressed in this message belong to sender alone and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of TURKCELL.

This e-mail has been scanned for all known computer viruses.

---

From: Valeria Kaplan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 00:40:01 +0200

Thank you so much, Kerem!
That's fantastic.
We will see if we have more people who would join (we have 5 people thus
far) and can then have a brief face to face meeting on Friday whilst we're
all still at the conference to discuss details.

Onwards and upwards!
Valeria

*Valeria Kaplan*Marketing Director

*Data Egret*
M.: +44 7876 572323 <+44%207876%20572323>
[email-masked]

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 8:28 PM KEREM KIZILTUNC <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just saw Valeria's talk and thought I would like to be a part of this
> exciting new Postgres initiative. Let me know what I can do!
>
> Kerem Kızıltunç
>
>
> Bu elektronik posta ve onunla iletilen butun dosyalar sadece gondericisi
> tarafindan almasi amaclanan yetkili gercek ya da tuzel kisinin kullanimi
> icindir. Eger soz konusu yetkili alici degilseniz bu elektronik postanin
> icerigini aciklamaniz, kopyalamaniz, yonlendirmeniz ve kullanmaniz
> kesinlikle yasaktir ve bu elektronik postayi derhal silmeniz gerekmektedir.
>
> TURKCELL bu mesajin icerdigi bilgilerin doğruluğu veya eksiksiz oldugu
> konusunda herhangi bir garanti vermemektedir. Bu nedenle bu bilgilerin ne
> sekilde olursa olsun iceriginden, iletilmesinden, alinmasindan ve
> saklanmasindan sorumlu degildir. Bu mesajdaki gorusler yalnizca gonderen
> kisiye aittir ve TURKCELLin goruslerini yansitmayabilir
>
> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
> addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
> that any dissemination, forwarding, copying or use of any of the
> information is strictly prohibited, and the e-mail should immediately be
> deleted.
>
> TURKCELL makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of any
> information contained in this message and hereby excludes any liability of
> any kind for the information contained therein or for the information
> transmission, reception, storage or use of such in any way whatsoever. The
> opinions expressed in this message belong to sender alone and may not
> necessarily reflect the opinions of TURKCELL.
>

---

From: Steven Pousty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 19:05:42 -0700

Hey all:
What talk and what initiative. I am curious.
Thanks
Steve

---

From: Valeria Kaplan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 10:49:51 +0200

Hi Steve/All,

I gave a talk at pgconf.eu about marketing and proposed an idea of having a
centralised working group that will be initiating and implementing advocacy
and marketing activities that will develop and strengthen Postgres brand.

At the moment, Jonathan does a lot that has to do with press releases (and
more..) and there is a small group of people who maintain community Twitter
account where there is a lack of consistency there and need for more
people. So there is a need to be a bit more structured about it and
actually implement, perhaps even small changes that will help with Postgres
and overall community accessibility, transparency etc.

A mix of technical and marketing people would be great, so let me know
who's in.
Would be great to have a face to face first meeting whilst we're here in
Milan and then follow up with a wider group after.

Thanks,
Valeria

*Data Egret*

---

From: Renee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 10:58:03 +0200

I’ll be happy to join this meeting as long as it doesn’t conflict with the talk I’m giving on Friday with Ilaria and Lætitia. 

> On Oct 17, 2019, at 10:49 AM, Valeria Kaplan <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Steve/All,
> 
> I gave a talk at pgconf.eu about marketing and proposed an idea of having a centralised working group that will be initiating and implementing advocacy and marketing activities that will develop and strengthen Postgres brand. 
> 
> At the moment, Jonathan does a lot that has to do with press releases (and more..) and there is a small group of people who maintain community Twitter account where there is a lack of consistency there and need for more people. So there is a need to be a bit more structured about it and actually implement, perhaps even small changes that will help with Postgres and overall community accessibility, transparency etc.
> 
> A mix of technical and marketing people would be great, so let me know who's in.
> Would be great to have a face to face first meeting whilst we're here in Milan and then follow up with a wider group after.
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> Valeria
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
>   
> 
> Valeria Kaplan
> Marketing Director
> 
> 
> Data Egret
> 
> M.: +44 7876 572323
> [email-masked]
> 
> 
>> On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 4:06 AM Steven Pousty <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Hey all:
>>> We will see if we have more people who would join (we have 5 people thus far) and can then have a brief face to face meeting on Friday whilst we're all still at the conference to discuss details. 
>>> 
>>> Onwards and upwards!
>>> Valeria
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>>   
>>> 
>>> Valeria Kaplan
>>> Marketing Director
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Data Egret
>>> 
>>> M.: +44 7876 572323
>>> [email-masked]
>>> 
>>> 
>>>> On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 8:28 PM KEREM KIZILTUNC <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>> Hi All,
>>>>

---

From: Valeria Kaplan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 11:06:47 +0200

Awesome,

so for now we have:

Jonathan S. Katz

Laetitia Avrot

Magnus Hagander

Dave Cramer

Paul Ramsey

Kerem Kızıltunç

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 10:58 AM Renee <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I’ll be happy to join this meeting as long as it doesn’t conflict with the
> talk I’m giving on Friday with Ilaria and Lætitia.
>
>
>
> I gave a talk at pgconf.eu about marketing and proposed an idea of having
> a centralised working group that will be initiating and implementing
> advocacy and marketing activities that will develop and strengthen Postgres
> brand.
>
>>>> Bu elektronik posta ve onunla iletilen butun dosyalar sadece
>>>> gondericisi tarafindan almasi amaclanan yetkili gercek ya da tuzel kisinin
>>>> kullanimi icindir. Eger soz konusu yetkili alici degilseniz bu elektronik
>>>> postanin icerigini aciklamaniz, kopyalamaniz, yonlendirmeniz ve kullanmaniz

---

From: Jan Karremans <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 11:12:21 +0200

Hi all,

If there is anything I can contribute too / with, count me in!!
I have not seen the talk (as I didn’t make it to pgconf.eu <http://pgconf.eu/> this year) but seen the reactions, it must be good.

Mit freundlichem Gruß, kind regards,

Jan Karremans
Director of Sales Engineering, EMEA
Senior Sales Engineer DACH-Region
EDB Postgres Advanced Server Professional
-- Postgres Everywhere --

- Deutsch ist nicht meine Muttersprache, bitte verzeihen Sie Verstöße gegen die Rechtschreibung -

Office:  +49-(0)3222-1097 907
Mobile: +31-(0)6-1638 9607

http://www.enterprisedb.com/

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.
Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
+*+ Albert Camus +*+

> On 17 Oct 2019, at 11:06, Valeria Kaplan <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Awesome,
> 
> so for now we have:
> 
> Jonathan S. Katz
> Laetitia Avrot
> Magnus Hagander
> Dave Cramer
> Paul Ramsey
> Kerem Kızıltunç
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 10:58 AM Renee <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> On Oct 17, 2019, at 10:49 AM, Valeria Kaplan <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 
>> Hi Steve/All,
>> 
>> I gave a talk at pgconf.eu <http://pgconf.eu/> about marketing and proposed an idea of having a centralised working group that will be initiating and implementing advocacy and marketing activities that will develop and strengthen Postgres brand. 
>> 
>> M.: +44 7876 572323 <tel:+44%207876%20572323>
>> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
>> 
>> On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 4:06 AM Steven Pousty <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>> Hey all:
>> On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 3:40 PM Valeria Kaplan <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>> M.: +44 7876 572323 <tel:+44%207876%20572323>
>> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
>> 
>> On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 8:28 PM KEREM KIZILTUNC <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> 
>> [http://www.turkcell.com.tr/downloads/bireysel/img/Tcelldis.gif <http://www.turkcell.com.tr/downloads/bireysel/img/Tcelldis.gif>] <http://turkcell.li/iyaani <http://turkcell.li/iyaani>>
>>

---

From: Ervin Weber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 11:44:05 +0200

I find topic interesting and would like to try to contibute, so count in
please.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019, 11:12 Jan Karremans <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> I have not seen the talk (as I didn’t make it to pgconf.eu this year) but
> seen the reactions, it must be good.
>
> *Director of Sales Engineering, EMEA*
> *Senior Sales Engineer DACH-Region*
> *- Deutsch ist nicht meine Muttersprache, bitte verzeihen Sie Verstöße
> gegen die Rechtschreibung -*
> *Office:*  +49-(0)3222-1097 907
> *Mobile:* +31-(0)6-1638 9607
>
> *Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.*
> *Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.*
> *Just walk beside me and be my friend.*
> +*+ Albert Camus +*+
>
>> I’ll be happy to join this meeting as long as it doesn’t conflict with
>> the talk I’m giving on Friday with Ilaria and Lætitia.
>>
>>
>>
>> I gave a talk at pgconf.eu about marketing and proposed an idea of
>> having a centralised working group that will be initiating and implementing
>> At the moment, Jonathan does a lot that has to do with press releases
>> (and more..) and there is a small group of people who maintain community
>> Twitter account where there is a lack of consistency there and need for
>> more people. So there is a need to be a bit more structured about it and
>>>> We will see if we have more people who would join (we have 5 people
>>>> thus far) and can then have a brief face to face meeting on Friday whilst
>>>> we're all still at the conference to discuss details.
>>>>
>>>> Onwards and upwards!
>>>> Valeria
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>

---

From: Valeria Kaplan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 12:33:30 +0200

Brilliant!
You're in.

---

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 22:11:14 +1100

On 2019-10-17 19:49, Valeria Kaplan wrote:
> having a

+1

+ Justin

---

From: Umair Shahid <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:01:44 +0200

Count me in too.

- Umair

---

From: Valeria Kaplan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:36:06 +0200

You're in! :) thank you

---

From: Chris Travers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:44:47 +0200

I would be happy to be involved too.

---

From: Valeria Kaplan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:49:03 +0200

Awesomness!
...looking into booking a room for us for tomorrow...

---

From: Valeria Kaplan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 18:15:02 +0200

Hi All,

We have a room booked for us downstairs from 13:00 until 14:00
Here is the list that I have at the moment:

Jonathan S. Katz [email-masked]

Laetitia Avrot [email-masked]

Magnus Hagander [email-masked]

Kerem Kızıltunç [email-masked]

Renee Phillips [email-masked]

Jan Karremans [email-masked]

Umair Shahid [email-masked]

Chris Travers [email-masked]

Teresa Giacomini [email-masked]

Dave Cramer ?email

Paul Ramsey ?email

If anyone else would like to join let me know (before I get to opening
mailing list for us I'll probably just email us separately, so not to spam
the rest of the subscribers to this list).

Dave, Paul,
I don't seem to have your email addresses, can you please email them to me?

See you all tomorrow at 13:00

Valeria

---

From: Stephen Frost <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 17:50:11 -0400

Greetings Valeria,

> and marketing activities that will develop and strengthen Postgres brand.

This sounds very much like what this list is actually intended to be,
with a set of smaller groups who manage particular activities (Press
Releases, Twitter, Updates to postgresql.org, etc).

What would be different with this "working group"..?

> people.

I agree that it'd be great to add more people to the twitter team, we
had some good steam there at the start but the folks currently on that
team (which includes myself) have gotten over the excitment of it, I'm
afraid, and aren't being as active (though there's been some recent
efforts to try and improve on that).  What is the lack of consistency
though?  I can believe that to exist, though I suspect it's largely due
to the people being busy and not as active with the account than
anything intentional.

> So there is a need to be a bit more structured about it and

I'm certainly in support of making changes that will make the community
more accessible, transparent, etc, though it's unclear what's
specifically being suggested here.

> A mix of technical and marketing people would be great, so let me know

I'd be happy to be involved (and I would think we'd probably want to at
least ask the individuals who are involved in the existing teams who
support the existing efforts in this area if they wish to be...), though
unfortunately I wasn't able to be in Milan and can't join in person (and
the meeting might have already happened now anyway?).

Thanks,

Stephen

---

From: Sebastiaan Mannem <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 23:53:21 +0200

Hi Valeria, count me in too (unless you already have too much volunteers)...

Op do 17 okt. 2019 om 23:50 schreef Stephen Frost <[email-masked]>

> (and
-- 

 <http://www.enterprisedb.com/>
Sebastiaan Alexander Mannem
Senior Consultant
Anthony Fokkerweg 1
1059 CM Amsterdam, The Netherlands
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=embed&hl=en&geocode=&q=Anthony+Fokkerweg+1+1059+CM+Amsterdam%2C+The+Netherlands&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Anthony+Fokkerweg+1+1059+CM+Amsterdam%2C+The+Netherlands&iwloc=near>

T: +31 6 82521560 <+31682521560>
www.edbpostgres.com
 <http://blogs.enterprisedb.com/> 
<https://www.facebook.com/EnterpriseDB> 
<https://twitter.com/EDBPostgres> 
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/14958?trk=tyah> 
<https://plus.google.com/108046988421677398468>

---

From: Valeria Kaplan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 02:30:44 +0200

Fantastic, I added you in.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 11:44 AM Ervin Weber <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> I have not seen the talk (as I didn’t make it to pgconf.eu this year)
>> but seen the reactions, it must be good.
>>
>>>>>> TURKCELL bu mesajin icerdigi bilgilerin doğruluğu veya eksiksiz
>>>>>> oldugu konusunda herhangi bir garanti vermemektedir. Bu nedenle bu
>>>>>> bilgilerin ne sekilde olursa olsun iceriginden, iletilmesinden,
>>>>>> alinmasindan ve saklanmasindan sorumlu degildir. Bu mesajdaki gorusler
>>>>>> yalnizca gonderen kisiye aittir ve TURKCELLin goruslerini yansitmayabilir
>>>>>>

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 02:40:23 +0200

Hi,

> to the people being busy and not as active with the account than

Someone needs to explain why PGConf.EU has no mention in @PostgreSQL in the
last few days? 560 people are here for Europe's largest PostgreSQL event, and
there is zero tweet about that. Is everyone *that* busy?

Latest tweet about PGConf.EU: https://twitter.com/PostgreSQL/status/1166791328375721984?s=20

I cannot speak for Valeria, but I think this is really a lack of consistency,
where @PostgreSQL tweeted or retweeted these tweets about Postgres Open:

https://twitter.com/PostgreSQL/status/1172244987154771968?s=20
https://twitter.com/PostgresOpen/status/1161723902684385280?s=20
https://twitter.com/PostgreSQL/status/1161019548826591232?s=20
https://twitter.com/PostgreSQL/status/1156678445004443656?s=20

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Stephen Frost <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 20:54:22 -0400

Greetings,

> where @PostgreSQL tweeted or retweeted these tweets about Postgres Open:

Most of the team is at the event, I believe, and I would have thought
they would have been managing that (not to mention that I think they're
also on the list of people who are planning to attend the meeting...).

I will say that the PostgresOpen folks did reach out to the team to ask
for tweets, and I don't recall seeing any emails asking for the same
for PGConf.Eu.  I don't think that should be a requirement, to be clear,
and I don't think anyone on the team feels it is either, but it probably
was a good reminder and put a bit of pressure on the team to do
something, rather than just having an expectation that something would
be done.  (Note: it wasn't anyone on the team who was emailing the team
asking for tweets to be done either...)

In any case, since it's been raised here, I'll do what I can to help
even though I wasn't able to be there.  It'd certainly help if someone
would send a suggested retweet or tweet to send out to
[email-masked] but failing that I'll try to do
something tomorrow.

Thanks,

Stephen

---

From: Valeria Kaplan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 11:21:54 +0200

Hi Stephen,

Thank you.
Those are all good points, let me address inline below.

> What would be different with this "working group"..?
First, if there is a list somewhere listing all those different subgroups
and who is a part of them can you please direct me since that would be
incredibly helpful.

The idea is to have a small group that can be strategic about all the
different activities that need to be done for Postgres and will be very
active (have regular catch ups and follow ups, will move activities forward
and so on). One of the problems with a mailing list that there is a problem
that people tend to "hide" behind the list if there is a need for some
action. Also, it is much easier to have a manageable size group of up to
about 10 people to actually function (that's from my personal experience so
maybe you'd have a different opinion on that).

This is not to say that there isn't a place for advocacy mailing list and I
think it actually a perfect forum to bring forward the shortlisted and
structured tasks that the smaller working group come with and ask for
members on the list to join a specific activites (for example the Twitter
managing team , as you have now).

> The consistency it's exactly that, if people are busy there is obviously a
need to maybe rethink how the group works and what can be done for them to
be on the ball with Twitter content. Planning content ahead would help
(with events etc. it's actually pretty straight forward), but also to make
sure that if somebody is busy and can't do it there is a process in place
to replace that person and get help from somebody else. So in my view the
working group would come up with an activity and guidelines but for the
implementation one will need a dedicated subgroup who will focus on that
activity only.

Since we all do this in an open source manner (for free) each single one of
us can't be expected to do many activities. This will help to break the
activities into bite size pieces.

> It is about education probably more than anything. Will give you just one
example, following my talk I've been approached by a member of the
community asking me how they could get funding for a local meetup -
form what I know you just need to ask, however, it's not clear from the
website or if that information is there it's not easy to find.  So when I
say transparency I probably mena that. To think about procedures and to
make sure that information is very intuitively located.

> the meeting might have already happened now anyway?).
The meeting is later today, I'll add you in.
If you can point me onto lists of people who are already doing advocacy
activities please do. I just don't have this information at hand.

We miss you here in Milan :(

---

From: Stephen Frost <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 07:52:01 -0400

Greetings,

> and who is a part of them can you please direct me since that would be

Unfortunately there isn't a public list that I'm aware of (I've actually
pushed for that in some discussions in the past; in particular, I
believe it'd be good to have something similar to:
https://www.debian.org/intro/organization ).

The closest that we have to a formal list of who is on what team is the
membership on the relevant mailing lists (... most of which are private,
and we don't disclose membership explicitly anyway).  There's some teams
we have where we duplicate the list membership (I believe anyway, I've
not specifically verified it) between the list system and the .Org
website (thinking of Core and Coc here as examples).  This would also go
towards improving things around recognition of contributions to the
project, especially when those contributions are not code and therefore
don't get recognized through our git history.

> maybe you'd have a different opinion on that).

I tend to agree with the concerns about "regular/open" mailing lists,
and that each team should work to have a cadence of some kind, with
reports being made to a larger body.

This was attempted at the PGCon Developer meeting earlier this year,
though with an attempt to go across all of the teams we have in the
project (notes available here:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgCon_2019_Developer_Meeting ). Teams
were reached out to asked to provide a name or two to join the meeting
and then provide an update to all the other individuals invited to that
meeting, notionally to the project leadership in the form of Core and
the committers.

What's being discussed here sounds like an attempt to add a level
between the annual PGCon meeting (presuming it continues in a similar
fashion next year...  I don't know if it will, or not) and the various
specific teams (web, twitter, et al).  A more formal "advocacy" team
which has actual/regular meetings and works across the different
platforms to send a consistent message and has a higher touch frequency
than an annual meeting.

There's value in that in a couple ways.  First is that advocacy should
certainly be a discussion that's ongoing throughout the year, and an
annual touchpoint isn't frequent enough.  Second, the overall advocacy
team could provide a single report to the annual meeting and that might
be more efficient for that meeting (there's only one spot in the agenda
for that as recorded, though my recollection is that there was some
difficulty figuring out who from what team should be invited and asked
to provide an update as there's a number of different teams with
different individuals on them, not all of whom know what's going on with
the other teams..).  Having each of the working-level teams ("working
groups"?) having to regularly report up to another group would also
hopefully encourage them to have their own regular meetings and take
more responsibility to ensure that things are happening.

> managing team , as you have now).

Sure, I can agree with that, and the middle-level group being discussed
above could also be tasked to provide regular reports or meeting minutes
to this list.

> implementation one will need a dedicated subgroup who will focus on that

We had been pretty good about planning content ahead and using tweetdeck
to effect that, but that does dry up eventually and there was some
concern that we were running out of good content for things like the
#TalkTuesday and #FeatureFriday items.  While the twitter team might be
able to come up with some novel content, that has a much higher level of
effort associated with it and if we have folks creating novel content
then we should be thinking about if there's multiple ways to push that
content out rather than just from one team.

> activities into bite size pieces.

Sure, I can agree with that.

> make sure that information is very intuitively located.

I agree, though this gets into a larger topic regarding things like
Meetup.com and the community NPOs, since there's expenses, potentially
contracts/agreements, et al, that have to be managed when it comes to a
Meetup.  I'd love to have a better interface between the NPOs and those
activities and the project itself though and perhaps this is a way to
make that happen.

> The meeting is later today, I'll add you in.

Thanks.

> activities please do. I just don't have this information at hand.

Jonathan provided the update at the PGCon meeting and I understand he'll
be at the meeting, so you might chat with him about it.  The teams at a
high level include at least: Twitter team, PGWeb team, Press team, and
one might be able to argue that some others would make sense to include
too (community conference teams, planet team, sponsors team, jobs team,
maybe even other list moderation teams?).

> We miss you here in Milan :(

I miss all of you as well and hope to see everyone again soon!

Thanks,

Stephen

---

From: Valeria Kaplan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 16:10:34 +0200

fun fact:
there are 600 people on thai list! so we have all of us to pitch in and
make Postgres community an even greater place to be and even easier to
join. :)

my comment inline.

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 1:52 PM Stephen Frost <[email-masked]> wrote:

> That's a cool example! Agree, something like that would be great.

> Oh man, it's a shame you couldn't come to Milano :( , you'd be a great
addition to the group.
I'm putting some notes and action from our meeting here together and we'll
be sharing once they are final with the mailing list early next week.

> yup, my thinking exactly.
I didn't realise there is also an annual (developer meeting) gathering
where one could report about advocacy was in place already, that's cool.

> I'm planning to put our minutes on wiki once they are finalised.

---

From: Steven Pousty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 10:14:21 -0700

Please count me in,  though I am not in Milan.
Thanks
Steve

---

From: Stephen Frost <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 19:30:08 -0400

Greetings,

> That's a cool example! Agree, something like that would be great.

Yeah, I don't think it'd actually be all that hard to add support for
pulling that information from the PGLister system to populate a webpage
on the main site (of course, Magnus will probably correctly point out
that those are different systems and it won't be as easy as I'm
suggesting, etc, and then someone else will complain that maybe not
everyone on a given mailing list should be listed as a member of that
'team', and then we'll get some additional bikeshedding happening...).

Perhaps we should take this particular part of the discussion out of
this thread and start a new thread with it on -www, so we can argue to
our heart's content about it?

> Oh man, it's a shame you couldn't come to Milano :( , you'd be a great

I'm doing my best to try and be helpful even though I wasn't there. :)

> be sharing once they are final with the mailing list early next week.

Yes, I saw those, thanks for that!

> yup, my thinking exactly.

Great.

> where one could report about advocacy was in place already, that's cool.

Well, it's only happened once so far that advocacy was explicitly
brought up as a topic and included/reported on. :)  I'd like that to
continue, as I feel it's an important part of project maintenance, but
that meeting is pretty difficult to work out who should/shouldn't be
there and we can't really make it a larger group than it is without it
becoming quite difficult to actually manage the discussion.

> I'm planning to put our minutes on wiki once they are finalised.

Ok, thanks.  Let's try to focus on specific, actionable, tasks and then
get assignment made for them- and let's try to make sure we include
relevant individuals from the NPOs too when it comes to things like
meetup.com and such.

Thanks again!

Stephen

---

From: Katherine Mcmillan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 10:39:55 -0400

Hi there,

I've decided I no longer want to be involved with this initiative, please
remove me from the list.

Katie

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 7:30 PM Stephen Frost <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > > > > > centralised working group that will be initiating and
> implementing
> > > > > advocacy
> > > > > > and marketing activities that will develop and strengthen
> Postgres
> > > brand.
> > > > >
> > > > about 10 people to actually function (that's from my personal
> experience
> > > so