Subject: The French PostgreSQL Enterprise Workgroup published a PostgreSQL transition guide

From: Damien Clochard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 09:37:32 +0100

Hello,

2 days ago, The French PostgreSQL  Enterprise Workgroup (PGGTIE see link 
below) issued an update of the PostgreSQL Transition Guide. This 
document was initiated in 2013 by several French government agencies. It 
is designed to support companies in the implementation of their open 
source PostgreSQL systems. The Guide is an help for setting up new 
projects and for migrating from other, usually proprietary, database 
management systems.

The document is available is French here under a Creative Commons 
licence (CC-BY-NC-ND):
https://www.postgresql.fr/_media/entreprises/guide-de-transition_v2.0.pdf

This is a huge achievement and a very strong message because this 
document is written directly by big companies (Société Générale, MAIF), 
French ministries and public agencies. With this guide, not only they 
are showing how much PostgreSQL is important for them, they also want to 
get involved in the PostgreSQL community by building and sharing common 
knowledge in order to help others companies to follow their path.

On tuesday, the SNCF (French National Railway company) also won a price 
for its Open Source Strategy based on (among other things) its 
involvement in the PostgreSQL association and the French PostgreSQL 
Enterprise Workgroup.

Links :

* The French PostgreSQL  Enterprise Workgroup (English): 
https://www.postgresql.fr/entreprises/english

* Press Release (French): 
https://www.postgresql.fr/entreprises/guide-de-transition

* The PostgreSQL Transition Guide (French): 
https://www.postgresql.fr/_media/entreprises/guide-de-transition_v2.0.pdf

* Best Open Source Strategy 2019 (French): 
https://lesacteursdulibre.com/portfolio/prix-meilleure-strategie/

-- 
Damien Clochard

---

From: Robert Bernier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 14:05:48 -0800 (PST)

Damien,

This is fantastic, congratulations to the entire PostgreSQL French community!

Robert Bernier

> On December 12, 2019 at 12:37 AM Damien Clochard <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> Hello,
>