Subject: Changing email address subscribed to a list

From: Ray O'Donnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 10:37:53 +0100

Hi all,

Apologies if this is the wrong list for this query.

Short version: I'd like to unsubscribe my old, now-defunct email address
([email-masked]) from the [email-masked] mailing list, and
resubscribe with this one ([email-masked]). However, I can't seem to
do it through the list manager at lists.postgresql.org.

Longer version: I'm trying to change the email address I use to
subscribe to [email-masked] - the one currently
subscribed to it ([email-masked]) is no longer active. However, I'm caught
in a catch-22, because (i) I can't manually unsubscribe from that
particular list in the list manager (I get a message saying that its
membership is automatically managed), and (ii) I can't subscribe to it
with a different address; the mailing list isn't listed in the
"Subscribe" drop-down (presumably because I'm already subscribed with
the obsolete address?).

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ray.

-- 
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland
[email-masked]

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 12:06:10 +0200

> "Subscribe" drop-down (presumably because I'm already subscribed with

You need to contact the manager of the list (<listname>-
[email-masked]) for them to help you with it.

Also notice that you are publishing DMARC policies on rodonnel.ie that
prohibit you from posting to mailinglists, which means most of the email
you send from that address will end up in peoples spam boxes.  I *think*
the problem is you are DKIM-signing the fact that there are no list headers
-- thus the mailinglists adding list headers prevents it from being
redistributed. This will of course also make it harder for you to see your
questions (I only noticed this one in my spam folder because of the large
number of spam reports we got as a result of you posting). Bottom line is
you should not post to a mailinglist from an address that explicitly
forbids usage by mailinglists.

-- 
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/ <http://www.hagander.net/>
 Work: https://www.redpill-linpro.com/ <http://www.redpill-linpro.com/>

---

From: "Jonathan S. Katz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 08:44:34 -0400

On 4/15/20 6:06 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> 
> 
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 11:38 AM Ray O'Donnell <[email-masked]
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 
>     Hi all,
> 
> You need to contact the manager of the list
> (<listname>[email-masked]
> <mailto:[email-masked]>) for them to help you with it.

This has been handled.

Thanks,

Jonathan