Subject: Missing America event

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 19:21:13 -0500

PGCon/Ottawa will be having only an unconference in May:

	https://www.pgcon.org/2021/

This leaves missing Postgres activity for this spring, particularly for
America continent time zones.  Is there any interest in putting together
some kind of online conference during this period?  I can easily get
online platform funding and technical help.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian  <[email-masked]>        https://momjian.us
  EDB                                      https://enterprisedb.com

  The usefulness of a cup is in its emptiness, Bruce Lee

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 09:47:29 +0100

> online platform funding and technical help.

PostgreSQL US has an open call for proposals listed on their site at
https://postgresql.us/ (directly under News), with a deadline this
week. Hopefully something good can come from that -- but please reach
out with a proposal there!

//Magnus

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 06:57:25 -0500

> out with a proposal there!

It says:

	The United States PostgreSQL Association (PgUS) is calling for
	conference proposals for a Virtual Event to be held in the Fall of 2021.

so it is for the Fall of this year, not in the next few months.

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 13:06:54 +0100

> so it is for the Fall of this year, not in the next few months.

Oh, I missed that. I just got to the part about calling for conference
proposals for a virtual conference.

That said, it's probably too late for most attempts to make a full
virtual conference in the next few months. It takes more preparations
than that... But a smaller event could probably be managed, if someone
wants to.

//Magnus