Subject: Timescale's State of PostgreSQL 2023 Survey

From: Jacob Champion <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2023 11:59:39 -0700

Hi all!

The State of PostgreSQL 2023 survey is now open! We'd love to hear from
everyone in the community:

    https://tsdb.co/state-of-postgres-2023-survey

This is Timescale's fourth such annual survey. It's around 40 questions
and will remain open until the end of August. As in previous years [1],
we'll share our report (including full & free access to the survey’s
anonymized raw data) in September.

Feel free to share it outwards, and please let me know if you have any
questions, or suggestions, or comments.

Hope to hear from you!
--Jacob

[1] (2022 Results) https://www.timescale.com/state-of-postgres/2022

---

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2023 07:21:40 +1000

>     https://tsdb.co/state-of-postgres-2023-survey
<snip>

Just started going through this, but gave up shortly as it seems
to have some fundamental design flaws. :( :( :(

For example, where it asks what we use PG for at work, it gives
a selection of options...  but clicking any one of them wipes out
the others (can't even see them any more).

It does that with no warning at all, so if (like me) you assumed
it was multiple choice (the only sensible option) then tough luck.

Looking at the list now, literally all of these are the categories
we use PG for:

   * App Development
   * DevOps
   * Monitoring
   * Real-time Analytics
   * SaaS Metrics
   * Web analytics

And that's pretty standard across companies I'd worked at, rather
than this workplace being unusual.

That was the point I closed the page, as I'm assuming the other
questions probably have similar problems.  Obviously could be wrong
though. ;)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

---

From: Peter Adlersburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 11:54:05 +0200

Consider selecting 'Other' and writing "all of the above" ;)

---

From: Jacob Champion <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 08:34:48 -0700

> the others (can't even see them any more).

Hi Justin, thanks for the feedback! I've passed that along to our
survey folks. For this year, if you're interested in continuing, they
recommended going the "Other" route like Peter suggested.

--Jacob