Subject: Request to List Ballerina PostgreSQL JDBC Connector on the PostgreSQL Website

From: Arshika Mohottige <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2024 10:34:42 +0530

Dear PostgreSQL Advocacy Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to request the inclusion
of the Ballerina PostgreSQL Connector [1] in the official PostgreSQL client
libraries list on your website [2][3].

The Ballerina PostgreSQL Connector enables developers to seamlessly
integrate PostgreSQL with applications written in the Ballerina programming
language. It is open-source and licensed under Apache License 2.0.

Here are the details:

   - *Name*: Ballerina PostgreSQL Connector
   - *Documentation*:
   https://central.ballerina.io/ballerinax/postgresql/1.13.2
   - *GitHub Repository*:
   https://github.com/ballerina-platform/module-ballerinax-postgresql

Please let me know if there are any additional steps or requirements for
this listing. I would be happy to provide further information or assistance
as needed.

*References*

*[1] *https://central.ballerina.io/ballerinax/postgresql/1.13.2

*[2] *https://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/programmer-client.html

*[3] *https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/List_of_drivers

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

*Arshika Mohottige*
Senior Software Engineer at WSO2/ Ballerina
[email-masked]

---

From: Dave Cramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2024 11:36:12 -0500

> *[3] *https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/List_of_drivers

How is this a JDBC Driver ?

Dave

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2024 08:46:26 -0800

On 12/9/24 08:36, Dave Cramer wrote:

>     <https://central.ballerina.io/ballerinax/postgresql/1.13.2>
> 
>     <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/programmer-client.html>
> 
>     <https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/List_of_drivers>
> 
> 

I'm guessing from here:

"Add the PostgreSQL driver as a dependency to the Ballerina project."

"ballerinax/postgresql.driver package bundles the latest PostgreSQL 
driver JAR."

So not the driver itself, but a wrapper for it.

-- 
Adrian Klaver
[email-masked]

---

From: Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2024 21:13:55 +0100

> On 9 Dec 2024, at 06:04, Arshika Mohottige <[email-masked]> wrote:

> [2] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/programmer-client.html

PostgreSQL 7.3 went EOL 17 years ago..

If you look at the current version of the page which discuss client interfaces
you'll see there are none listed, with a link to the wiki page instead.

	https://www.postgresql.org/docs/17/external-interfaces.html

> [3] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/List_of_drivers

This is where drivers are added, in order to edit it and add your driver please
follow the instructions on the top of the page for getting edit permissions
(which I've also linked below).

	https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/WikiEditing

--
Daniel Gustafsson