Subject: New PostgreSQL User Group forming in Orlando / Central Florida

From: Sachin Pawar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2026 15:46:06 -0400

Hi all,

I'd like to start a PostgreSQL User Group in the Orlando / Central Florida
area. I've checked the official PUG page and Meetup.com and don't see an
existing group covering this region, so I'd like to fill that gap.

A bit about me: I've been working with PostgreSQL and enterprise database
migration/performance for many years, most recently focused on
Oracle-to-PostgreSQL and AlloyDB/Spanner work. I'm also involved in the
wider Postgres community — I'm on the PgDay Boston 2026 Program Committee
and volunteered at PostgreSQL Summit US 2026 — so I'm keen to help grow the
community locally in Central Florida.

My plan is to set up a Meetup page under the name "Postgres Central Florida
User Group" (to cover Orlando, Clermont, Lakeland, and the Space Coast) and
hold a first meetup with a technical talk, a central venue, and time to
network.

Happy to answer any questions, and I'm looking forward to getting this
going.

Thanks,
Sachin Pawar
Orlando, FL
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sachin-pawar-3322429/

---

From: Joe Conway <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2026 11:15:32 -0400

On 7/3/26 15:46, Sachin Pawar wrote:
> I'd like to start a PostgreSQL User Group in the Orlando / Central 
> Florida area. I've checked the official PUG page and Meetup.com and 
> don't see an existing group covering this region, so I'd like to fill 
> that gap.
> 
> A bit about me: I've been working with PostgreSQL and enterprise 
> database migration/performance for many years, most recently focused on 
> wider Postgres community — I'm on the PgDay Boston 2026 Program 
> Committee and volunteered at PostgreSQL Summit US 2026 — so I'm keen to 
> help grow the community locally in Central Florida.
> 
> My plan is to set up a Meetup page under the name "Postgres Central 
> Florida User Group" (to cover Orlando, Clermont, Lakeland, and the Space 
> Coast) and hold a first meetup with a technical talk, a central venue, 
> and time to network.
> 
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/sachin-pawar-3322429/ <https:// 
> www.linkedin.com/in/sachin-pawar-3322429/>

FWIW we tried to get a PUG going in Florida but always had trouble due 
to the geographical spread. However if you are able to organize 
something, let me know and I will try to help/attend. I have CC'd a few 
other folks that may also be interested.

-- 
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team
Amazon Web Services: https://aws.amazon.com

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2026 00:14:39 -0400

> other folks that may also be interested.

FWIW, I think we've had three different groups in Florida over the
years. I think the general "Florida Meeup" was deleted, but there are
technically still two remaining:

PG US: https://www.meetup.com/tampa-bay-postgresql-users-group/
People Postgres Data: https://www.meetup.com/orlando-postgres/

I suspect you could probably get added as an owner to either one if
you wanted to revive them; or do an entirely new things (maybe via
Luna?), though if you create a new group some place, it might be nice
to try to post into those old groups given they at least potentially
have lists of interested people. Whatever you decide, please keep me
in the loop.

Robert Treat
https://xzilla.net