Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 15 Beta 1 release announcement draft

From: "Daniel Westermann (DWE)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 18:18:46 +0000

HI,

>Attached is a draft of the release announcement for the PostgreSQL 15 
>Beta 1 release. The goal of this announcement is to raise awareness 
>around many of the new features appearing in PostgreSQL 15 and to 
>encourage people to test. The success of the PostgreSQL 15 GA depends 
>heavily on people testing during the Beta period!

Thank you. I went through it and have the following notes:
- All the links to the 15 documentation do not work (obviously)
- "regexp_substr. he", something seems to be wrong here
- "the recovery_prefetch" -> the recovery_prefetch parameter?
- A subscriber can now specify disable_on_error -> shouldn't disable_on_error be a link?
- "which users the privileges of the user" -> which uses
- "The PostgreSQL Project"  -> project?

Regards
Daniel

---

From: "Jonathan S. Katz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 09:00:33 -0500

Hi Daniel,

> - All the links to the 15 documentation do not work (obviously)

These will when Beta 1 is released. I tested the links against `devel`.

> - A subscriber can now specify disable_on_error -> shouldn't disable_on_error be a link?

This is covered in the "conflicts" URL. There's not a specific anchor to 
point to on this one.

> - "The PostgreSQL Project"  -> project?

This is correct as is.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I provided credits in press.git. Here 
is v2 of the draft.

Please ensure any additional feedback is in by 2022-05-19 0:00 AoE.

Thanks,

Jonathan