Subject: BUG #19509: Typo in 19 beta release notes (debug_print_parse)

From: PG Bug reporting form <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2026 14:55:31 +0000

The following bug has been logged on the website:

Bug reference:      19509
Logged by:          Sergey Shinderuk
Email address:      [email-masked]
PostgreSQL version: 19beta1
Operating system:   Debian GNU/Linux 13 (trixie)
Description:        

Good day,

I've found a typo in 19 beta release notes:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/19/release-19.html#RELEASE-19-MONITORING

> Add server variable debug_print_parse to log the raw parse tree (Chao Li)

Should be debug_print_raw_parse.
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=06473f5a3

Best regards,
Sergey

---

From: Sergey Shinderuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2026 18:22:33 +0300

Two more:

> Add server-side report for SNI (Server Name Indication) (Daniel
Gustafsson, Jacob Champion)

s/report/support/

> Allow CREATE SCHEMA to create more types of non-schema objects
(Kirill Reshke, Jian He, Tom Lane)

s/non-schema/schema/

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2026 11:35:48 -0400

> Gustafsson, Jacob Champion)

Thanks, will fix.

> (Kirill Reshke, Jian He, Tom Lane)

I think the existing wording is right.  This is about creating schema
elements inside of schemas:

       CREATE SCHEMA schema_name [ AUTHORIZATION role_specification ] [ schema_element [ ... ] ]

       schema_element
           An SQL statement defining an object to be created within the
           schema. Currently, only CREATE AGGREGATE, CREATE COLLATION,
           CREATE DOMAIN, CREATE FUNCTION, CREATE INDEX, CREATE OPERATOR,
           CREATE PROCEDURE, CREATE SEQUENCE, CREATE TABLE, CREATE TEXT
           SEARCH CONFIGURATION, CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY, CREATE TEXT
           SEARCH PARSER, CREATE TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE, CREATE TRIGGER,
           CREATE TYPE, CREATE VIEW, and GRANT are accepted as clauses
           within CREATE SCHEMA. Other kinds of objects may be created
           within the schema in separate commands after the schema
           is created.

I have reworded it to be:

   Allow CREATE SCHEMA to create more types of objects in newly-created
   schemas (Kirill Reshke, Jian He, Tom Lane)

-- 
  Bruce Momjian  <[email-masked]>        https://momjian.us
  EDB                                      https://enterprisedb.com

  Do not let urgent matters crowd out time for investment in the future.

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2026 12:24:39 -0400

> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=06473f5a3

Oh, when I added an "xreflabel" I made it match the "id", but the "id"
was a shorted version of the variable name.  I fixed the "xreflabel" and
"id" to match the variable name, which will fix the release notes.

Thanks.