Received: from malur.postgresql.org ([217.196.149.56]) by arkaria.postgresql.org with esmtps (TLS1.3) tls TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (Exim 4.98.2) (envelope-from ) id 1x88KQ-00000000w2S-0bOM for pgsql-committers@arkaria.postgresql.org; Sun, 20 Sep 2026 03:34:58 +0000 Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1] helo=malur.postgresql.org) by malur.postgresql.org with esmtp (Exim 4.98.2) (envelope-from ) id 1x88KP-00000005q7T-0IFM for pgsql-committers@arkaria.postgresql.org; Sun, 20 Sep 2026 03:34:57 +0000 Received: from magus.postgresql.org ([2a02:c0:301:0:ffff::29]) by malur.postgresql.org with esmtps (TLS1.3) tls TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (Exim 4.98.2) (envelope-from ) id 1x88KO-00000005q7L-3YRG for pgsql-committers@lists.postgresql.org; Sun, 20 Sep 2026 03:34:56 +0000 Received: from sss.pgh.pa.us ([68.162.161.243]) by magus.postgresql.org with esmtps (TLS1.3) tls TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (Exim 4.98.2) (envelope-from ) id 1x88KM-00000000IaZ-237V for pgsql-committers@lists.postgresql.org; Sun, 20 Sep 2026 03:34:56 +0000 Received: from sss1.sss.pgh.pa.us (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by sss.pgh.pa.us (8.18.1/8.18.1) with ESMTP id 68K3Yqhi255079; Sat, 19 Sep 2026 23:34:52 -0400 From: Tom Lane To: Amit Langote cc: Richard Guo , Alexander Lakhin , pgsql-committers@lists.postgresql.org Subject: Re: pgsql: Invalidate RI fast-path metadata on operator family changes In-reply-to: References: <254195.1789874408@sss.pgh.pa.us> Comments: In-reply-to Amit Langote message dated "Sun, 20 Sep 2026 12:24:04 +0900" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-ID: <255077.1789875292.1@sss.pgh.pa.us> Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2026 23:34:52 -0400 Message-ID: <255078.1789875292@sss.pgh.pa.us> List-Id: List-Help: List-Subscribe: List-Post: List-Owner: List-Archive: Archived-At: Precedence: bulk Amit Langote writes: > I'm thinking of pushing this to master first and see if it helps. I > note in my proposed commit message that back-patching to 19 is > deferred until beta4 freeze is over, but maybe I should not wait until > then? Formally, we're in release freeze on v19, so you should get the concurrence of pgsql-release@ before pushing something into the v19 branch this weekend. It's going to be hard to get meaningful input though (seeing that it's late Saturday night USA time, and very early Sunday morning European time). Moreover, the longer you wait, the fewer buildfarm runs will happen before release wrap; and it being a weekend there's not going to be a lot of commit activity to help runs happen. So there's no way around some risk here. Having said that, the failure rate seems high enough to be annoying (I see six BF failures across master and v19 in the 24-ish hours since this went in), and the patch looks pretty safe. So I think my vote is to push. I'd counsel asking pgsql-release@ as a matter of formality, and pushing if no objections arrive within a couple of hours. regards, tom lane