Subject: pgsql: vacuumdb: Add option for analyzing only relations missing stats.

From: John Naylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2025 03:29:28 +0000

vacuumdb: Add option for analyzing only relations missing stats.

This commit adds a new --missing-only option that can be used in
conjunction with --analyze-only and --analyze-in-stages.  When this
option is specified, vacuumdb will generate ANALYZE commands for a
relation if it is missing any statistics it should ordinarily have.
For example, if a table has statistics for one column but not
another, we will analyze the whole table.  A similar principle
applies to extended statistics, expression indexes, and table
inheritance.

Co-authored-by: Corey Huinker <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: TODO
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/Z5O1bpcwDrMgyrYy%40nathan

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/5f8eb25706b62923c53172e453c8a4dedd877a3d
Author: Nathan Bossart <[email-masked]>

Modified Files
--------------
doc/src/sgml/ref/vacuumdb.sgml           | 16 ++++++
src/bin/scripts/t/102_vacuumdb_stages.pl | 60 +++++++++++++++++++++
src/bin/scripts/vacuumdb.c               | 92 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/test/perl/PostgreSQL/Test/Cluster.pm | 27 ++++++++++
4 files changed, 195 insertions(+)

---

From: John Naylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2025 10:36:17 +0700

> vacuumdb: Add option for analyzing only relations missing stats.

My apologies, I didn't realize I had applied this to master branch
when reviewing it, will revert.

-- 
John Naylor
Amazon Web Services