Subject: pgsql: Translation updates

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 15:21:43 +0000

Translation updates

Source-Git-URL: git://git.postgresql.org/git/pgtranslation/messages.git
Source-Git-Hash: cd263526676705b4a8a3a708c9842461c4a2bcc3

Branch
------
REL9_5_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/289da0a7a59f60efa1baeadaca750ef2bdb97c78

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/po/de.po                    | 2960 +++++++++----------
src/backend/po/ru.po                    | 4732 ++++++++++++++++---------------
src/bin/pg_basebackup/po/ru.po          |  244 +-
src/bin/pg_controldata/po/ru.po         |  202 +-
src/bin/pg_ctl/po/de.po                 |  289 +-
src/bin/pg_ctl/po/ru.po                 |  324 +--
src/bin/pg_dump/po/ru.po                |  567 ++--
src/bin/pg_resetxlog/po/ru.po           |  231 +-
src/bin/pg_rewind/po/ru.po              |  421 ++-
src/bin/psql/po/de.po                   | 1385 ++++-----
src/bin/psql/po/ru.po                   | 2044 ++++++-------
src/bin/scripts/po/ru.po                |   47 +-
src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc/po/pt_BR.po |    2 +-
src/pl/plperl/po/ru.po                  |  108 +-
src/pl/plpgsql/src/po/ru.po             |  335 +--
src/pl/tcl/po/ja.po                     |   62 +-
src/pl/tcl/po/ru.po                     |   57 +-
17 files changed, 7116 insertions(+), 6894 deletions(-)

-- 
Sent via pgsql-committers mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-committers

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 14:03:41 -0300

> Source-Git-Hash: cd263526676705b4a8a3a708c9842461c4a2bcc3

Hi Peter,

Would you please document this process?  I know it all starts with this
repository,
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgtranslation/admin.git
and then cp-po-back is used to copy the files from the messages.git repo
to the postgresql.git repo, but it would be better to have more details.
Is there more to it?

(It would also be good to know how to create new branches and how to
destroy one when it goes out of support.)

I would do this by editing this page
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NLS/admin
and then adding a link to it from
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Release_process#Before-wrap_tasks
(I decided against doing it myself in case you have different ideas.)

Thanks

-- 
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Remote DBA, Training & Services

-- 
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 12:01:27 -0500

On 11/10/15 12:03 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Would you please document this process?

It's documented in src/tools/RELEASE_CHANGES (except I don't do the
tagging anymore).  You can try it yourself.

> destroy one when it goes out of support.)

Yeah that one's a bit trickier and potentially confusing.  See recent
discussion about branch naming on the translators list.  I usually just
check the commit history for how it was done the previous time. ;-)

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 16:05:25 -0300

> tagging anymore).  You can try it yourself.

Ah, that's it, thanks.  I remember doing it once in the past and
couldn't remember where had I gotten the procedure from.  I guess I will
add a pointer to that file in the recently created Release Process wiki
page.

> check the commit history for how it was done the previous time. ;-)

Aha.  (I should get a fresh clone of that repository, I guess. I
probably have extra branches now.)

BTW I'm confused about the message-branches.txt file.  Aren't we
supposed to have an entry for REL9_5_STABLE in there?