Subject: pgsql: Fix wrong logic in TransactionIdInRecentPast()

From: Alexander Korotkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 10:38:51 +0000

Fix wrong logic in TransactionIdInRecentPast()

The TransactionIdInRecentPast() should return false for all the transactions
older than TransamVariables->oldestClogXid.  However, the function contains
a bug in comparison FullTransactionId to TransactionID allowing full
transactions between nextXid - 2^32 and oldestClogXid - 2^31.

This commit fixes TransactionIdInRecentPast() by turning the oldestClogXid into
FullTransactionId first, then performing the comparison.

Backpatch to all supported versions.

Reported-by: Egor Chindyaskin
Bug: 18212
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/18212-547307f8adf57262%40postgresql.org
Author: Karina Litskevich
Reviewed-by: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Backpatch-through: 12

Branch
------
REL_15_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/503299b7f728409874adc2f5df9d42857700b046

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/utils/adt/xid8funcs.c | 30 +++++++++++++++++++-----------
1 file changed, 19 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)