Subject: pgsql: Skip .DS_Store files in server side utils

From: Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 12:54:55 +0000

Skip .DS_Store files in server side utils

The macOS Finder application creates .DS_Store files in directories
when opened,  which creates problems for serverside utilities which
expect all files to be PostgreSQL specific files.  Skip these files
when encountered in pg_checksums, pg_rewind and pg_basebackup.

This was extracted from a larger patchset for skipping hidden files
and system files, where the concencus was to just skip these. Since
this is equally likely to happen in every version, backpatch to all
supported versions.

Reported-by: Mark Guertin <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Tobias Bussmann <[email-masked]>
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]
Backpatch-through: v12

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/c1fc502f595bc843a603bddd267b249272de485f

Modified Files
--------------
doc/src/sgml/protocol.sgml                   |  2 +-
doc/src/sgml/ref/pg_basebackup.sgml          |  3 ++-
doc/src/sgml/ref/pg_rewind.sgml              |  5 +++--
src/backend/backup/basebackup.c              |  4 ++++
src/bin/pg_basebackup/t/010_pg_basebackup.pl | 17 +++++++++++++++++
src/bin/pg_checksums/pg_checksums.c          |  4 ++++
src/bin/pg_checksums/t/002_actions.pl        |  7 +++++++
src/bin/pg_rewind/filemap.c                  |  4 ++++
src/bin/pg_rewind/t/003_extrafiles.pl        |  5 +++++
9 files changed, 47 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

---

From: Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 14:20:23 +0100

> On 13 Feb 2024, at 13:54, Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

> Backpatch-through: v12

Some BF animals for 14-12 failed, so have reverted to allow time for figuring
out a proper fix. Sorry for the noice.

--
Daniel Gustafsson