Subject: pgsql: Use C99-designated initializer syntax for arrays related to enco

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 00:56:16 +0000

Use C99-designated initializer syntax for arrays related to encodings

This updates the following lookup arrays to use C99-designated
initializer syntax, indexed based on the enum pg_enc:
pg_enc2icu_tbl[]
pg_enc2name_tbl[]
pg_wchar_table[]

This is more readable, and removes problems with ordering mistakes as
this removes dependencies between the arrays and their lookup index in
the enum pg_enc.  So, adding new encodings becomes easier, even if this
does not happen often.

Author: Jelte Fennema-Nio
Reviewed-by: Jian He, Japin Li
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/ada87a4d95fc39dfb1214edf6653390314b6f0df

Modified Files
--------------
src/common/encnames.c     | 155 +++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------------
src/common/wchar.c        |  85 +++++++++++++------------
src/include/mb/pg_wchar.h |   8 +--
3 files changed, 122 insertions(+), 126 deletions(-)