Subject: pgsql: Fix ALTER TABLE error message

From: Álvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2025 19:09:25 +0000

Fix ALTER TABLE error message

This bogus error message was introduced in 2013 by commit f177cbfe676d,
because of misunderstanding the processCASbits() API; at the time, no
test cases were added that would be affected by this change.  Only in
ca87c415e2fc was one added (along with a couple of typos), with an XXX
note that the error message was bogus.  Fix the whole, add some test
cases.

Backpatch all the way back.

Reviewed-by: Nathan Bossart <[email-masked]>
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]

Branch
------
REL_15_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/bf1e2d2db5104ce8b764f62f8a742b3fcc66e8a5

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/parser/gram.y                 | 2 +-
src/test/regress/expected/foreign_key.out | 6 +++++-
src/test/regress/sql/foreign_key.sql      | 4 +++-
3 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)