Subject: pgsql: Handle interrupts while waiting on Append's async subplans

From: Heikki Linnakangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2025 19:15:21 +0000

Handle interrupts while waiting on Append's async subplans

We did not wake up on interrupts while waiting on async events on an
async-capable append node. For example, if you tried to cancel the
query, nothing would happen until one of the async subplans becomes
readable. To fix, add WL_LATCH_SET to the WaitEventSet.

Backpatch down to v14 where async Append execution was introduced.

Discussion: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/[email-masked]

Branch
------
REL_14_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/d2fb076bec06dafd6922669eed826191c01fa9c6

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/executor/nodeAppend.c | 28 +++++++++++++++++++++++++---
1 file changed, 25 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)