Subject: pgsql: Allow non-btree unique indexes for matviews

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2025 10:34:51 +0000

Allow non-btree unique indexes for matviews

We were rejecting non-btree indexes in some cases owing to the
inability to determine the equality operators for other index AMs;
that problem no longer exists, because we can look up the equality
operator using COMPARE_EQ.

Stop rejecting these indexes, but instead rely on all unique indexes
having equality operators.  Unique indexes must have equality
operators.

Author: Mark Dilger <[email-masked]>
Discussion: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/[email-masked]

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/9d6db8bec19413cd0167f1e59d1af005a997bd3e

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/commands/matview.c | 15 ++++-----------
1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)