Subject: pgsql: Fix incorrect errno in OpenWalSummaryFile()

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2026 02:25:43 +0000

Fix incorrect errno in OpenWalSummaryFile()

This routine has an option to bypass an error if a WAL summary file is
opened for read but is missing (missing_ok=true).  However, the code
incorrectly checked for EEXIST, that matters when using O_CREAT and
O_EXCL, rather than ENOENT, for this case.

There are currently only two callers of OpenWalSummaryFile() in the
tree, and both use missing_ok=false, meaning that the check based on the
errno is currently dead code.  This issue could matter for out-of-core
code or future backpatches that would like to use missing_ok set to
true.

Issue spotted while monitoring this area of the code, after
a9afa021e95f.

Author: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Chao Li <[email-masked]>
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]
Backpatch-through: 17

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/213fec296f419af8f199a721a9986e879656555c

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/backup/walsummary.c | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)