Subject: pgsql: Fix some error message inconsistencies

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2026 06:39:18 +0000

Fix some error message inconsistencies

These errors are very unlikely going to show up, but in the event that
they happen, some incorrect information would have been provided:
- In pg_rewind, a stat() failure was reported as an open() failure.
- In pg_combinebackup, a check for the new directory of a tablespace
mapping was referred as the old directory.
- In pg_combinebackup, a failure in reading a source file when copying
blocks referred to the destination file.

The changes for pg_combinebackup affect v17 and newer versions.  For
pg_rewind, all the stable branches are affected.

Author: Man Zeng <[email-masked]>
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]
Backpatch-through: 14

Branch
------
REL_14_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/d32e17160971b2c2c0f6a0261cedeab87d59f93a

Modified Files
--------------
src/bin/pg_rewind/file_ops.c | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)