Subject: pgsql: Fix use of proc number in pgstat_create_backend()

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2026 10:57:50 +0000

Fix use of proc number in pgstat_create_backend()

This routine's internals directly used MyProcNumber to choose which
object ID to assign for the hash key of a backend's stats entry, while
the value to use is given as input argument of the function.

The original intention was to pass MyProcNumber as an argument of
pgstat_create_backend() when called in pgstat_bestart_final(),
pgstat_beinit() ensuring that MyProcNumber has been set, not use it
directly in the function.  This commit addresses this inconsistency by
using the procnum given by the caller of pgstat_create_backend(), not
MyProcNumber.

This issue is not a cause of bugs currently.  However, let's keep the
code in sync across all the branches where this code exists, as it could
matter in a future backpatch.

Oversight in 4feba03d8b92.

Reported-by: Ryo Matsumura <[email-masked]>
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]
Backpatch-through: 18

Branch
------
REL_18_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/e679d0f0b6729d0e97510dd4ab6a793700d6d66a

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/utils/activity/pgstat_backend.c | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)