Subject: pgsql: Improve error message for checksum failures in pgstat_database.c

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2026 03:18:03 +0000

Improve error message for checksum failures in pgstat_database.c

This log message was referring to conflicts, but it is about checksum
failures.  The log message improved in this commit should never show up,
due to the fact that pgstat_prepare_report_checksum_failure() should
always be called before pgstat_report_checksum_failures_in_db(), with a
stats entry already created in the pgstats shared hash table.  The three
code paths able to report database-level checksum failures follow
already this requirement.

Oversight in b96d3c389755.

Author: Wang Peng <[email-masked]>
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]
Backpatch-through: 18

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/775fc014156bdfa6938ef02dce3d85364b1bd220

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/utils/activity/pgstat_database.c | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)