Subject: pgsql: pg_mblen_range, pg_mblen_with_len: Valgrind after encoding erepo

From: Noah Misch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2026 20:17:29 +0000

pg_mblen_range, pg_mblen_with_len: Valgrind after encoding ereport.

The prior order caused spurious Valgrind errors.  They're spurious
because the ereport(ERROR) non-local exit discards the pointer in
question.  pg_mblen_cstr() ordered the checks correctly, but these other
two did not.  Back-patch to v14, like commit
1e7fe06c10c0a8da9dd6261a6be8d405dc17c728.

Reviewed-by: Thomas Munro <[email-masked]>
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]
Backpatch-through: 14

Branch
------
REL_18_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/4174e41b9e9ee552fff3501e73a1897c9f1eecaa

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/utils/mb/mbutils.c | 14 ++++++++------
1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)