Subject: pgsql: Suppress new "may be used uninitialized" warning.

From: Noah Misch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2026 02:05:59 +0000

Suppress new "may be used uninitialized" warning.

Various buildfarm members, having compilers like gcc 8.5 and 6.3, fail
to deduce that text_substring() variable "E" is initialized if
slice_size!=-1.  This suppression approach quiets gcc 8.5; I did not
reproduce the warning elsewhere.  Back-patch to v14, like commit
9f4fd119b2cbb9a41ec0c19a8d6ec9b59b92c125.

Reported-by: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]
Backpatch-through: 14

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/8cef93d8a5886b57099fcd32e92f12bc5df7bbd1

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/utils/adt/varlena.c | 4 ++--
1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)