Subject: pgsql: EUC_CN, EUC_JP, EUC_KR, EUC_TW: Skip U+00A0 tests instead of fai

From: Noah Misch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2026 02:16:30 +0000

EUC_CN, EUC_JP, EUC_KR, EUC_TW: Skip U+00A0 tests instead of failing.

Settings that ran the new test euc_kr.sql to completion would fail these
older src/pl tests.  Use alternative expected outputs, for which psql
\gset and \if have reduced the maintenance burden.  This fixes
"LANG=ko_KR.euckr LC_MESSAGES=C make check-world".  (LC_MESSAGES=C fixes
IO::Pty usage in tests 010_tab_completion and 001_password.)  That file
is new in commit c67bef3f3252a3a38bf347f9f119944176a796ce.  Back-patch
to v14, like that commit.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]
Backpatch-through: 14

Branch
------
REL_15_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/44d29f5c6c0febc8ef3c88da3eab099b89546296

Modified Files
--------------
src/pl/plperl/GNUmakefile                       |  2 +-
src/pl/plperl/expected/plperl_elog.out          | 13 -------------
src/pl/plperl/expected/plperl_elog_1.out        | 13 -------------
src/pl/plperl/expected/plperl_unicode.out       | 18 ++++++++++++++++++
src/pl/plperl/expected/plperl_unicode_1.out     | 10 ++++++++++
src/pl/plperl/sql/plperl_elog.sql               | 15 ---------------
src/pl/plperl/sql/plperl_unicode.sql            | 19 +++++++++++++++++++
src/pl/plpython/expected/plpython_unicode.out   | 13 +++++++++----
src/pl/plpython/expected/plpython_unicode_1.out | 12 ++++++++++++
src/pl/plpython/sql/plpython_unicode.sql        | 13 +++++++++----
src/pl/tcl/expected/pltcl_unicode.out           | 13 +++++++++----
src/pl/tcl/expected/pltcl_unicode_1.out         | 12 ++++++++++++
src/pl/tcl/sql/pltcl_unicode.sql                | 13 +++++++++----
13 files changed, 108 insertions(+), 58 deletions(-)