Subject: pgsql: Use CXXFLAGS instead of CFLAGS for linking C++ code

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2026 17:07:15 +0000

Use CXXFLAGS instead of CFLAGS for linking C++ code

Otherwise, this would break if using C and C++ compilers from
different families and they understand different options.  It already
used the right flags for compiling, this is only for linking.  Also,
the meson setup already did this correctly.

Back-patch of v18 commit 365b5a345 into older supported branches.
At the time we were only aware of trouble in v18, but as shown
by buildfarm member siren, older branches can hit the problem too.

Reported-by: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Author: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Discussion: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/[email-masked]
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]
Backpatch-through: 14-17

Branch
------
REL_14_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/231570d33581e34cdfbacfa0f89a3d6fff790ef3

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/jit/llvm/Makefile | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)