Subject: pgsql: Use CXXFLAGS instead of CFLAGS for linking C++ code

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2026 17:07:15 +0000

Use CXXFLAGS instead of CFLAGS for linking C++ code

Otherwise, this would break if using C and C++ compilers from
different families and they understand different options.  It already
used the right flags for compiling, this is only for linking.  Also,
the meson setup already did this correctly.

Back-patch of v18 commit 365b5a345 into older supported branches.
At the time we were only aware of trouble in v18, but as shown
by buildfarm member siren, older branches can hit the problem too.

Reported-by: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Author: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Discussion: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/[email-masked]
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]
Backpatch-through: 14-17

Branch
------
REL_15_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/41d75b9a4a1c7f84bafd331428c005e5743bac3d

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/jit/llvm/Makefile | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)