Subject: pgsql: Use CXXFLAGS instead of CFLAGS for linking C++ code

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2026 17:07:15 +0000

Use CXXFLAGS instead of CFLAGS for linking C++ code

Otherwise, this would break if using C and C++ compilers from
different families and they understand different options.  It already
used the right flags for compiling, this is only for linking.  Also,
the meson setup already did this correctly.

Back-patch of v18 commit 365b5a345 into older supported branches.
At the time we were only aware of trouble in v18, but as shown
by buildfarm member siren, older branches can hit the problem too.

Reported-by: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Author: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Discussion: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/[email-masked]
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]
Backpatch-through: 14-17

Branch
------
REL_17_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/b6b7e96365eb7b5f79d4e655afcfb4f9cb12ab88

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/jit/llvm/Makefile | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)