Subject: pgsql: Fix more multibyte issues in ltree.

From: Jeff Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2026 20:30:56 +0000

Fix more multibyte issues in ltree.

Commit 84d5efa7e3 missed some multibyte issues caused by short-circuit
logic in the callers. The callers assumed that if the predicate string
is longer than the label string, then it couldn't possibly be a match,
but it can be when using case-insensitive matching (LVAR_INCASE) if
casefolding changes the byte length.

Fix by refactoring to get rid of the short-circuit logic as well as
the function pointer, and consolidate the logic in a replacement
function ltree_label_match().

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]
Backpatch-through: 14

Branch
------
REL_17_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/d1bd9a7dc30f7020ad08a9c78c683911f99fb771

Modified Files
--------------
contrib/ltree/lquery_op.c    | 65 +++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
contrib/ltree/ltree.h        | 10 +++----
contrib/ltree/ltxtquery_op.c | 11 ++++----
3 files changed, 43 insertions(+), 43 deletions(-)